Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh 1018 Paper jams(B)

The aforementioned MFD is presenting non existent jams whereupon I did check the registration flag which had its spring out of position.After its restoration,the jam still hadn't cleared.I then exchanged the MP tray/registration sensors to see if there would be any effect but to no avail.Tried accessing the service program mode...no response.Opened the back cover & checked the wires..so far,so good.However on the IO board,LED301 is continuously blinking:same to BICU board,LED1 next to c145. My query is should these LEDs be blinking or is this indicative of an anomaly.Could the board(s) be malfunctioning such as to cause the permanent paper jam sign?is there something I'm overlooking?if I were to disconnect all switches,should the MFD boot normally?Looking forward to your favorable response...Regards.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: Ricoh 1018 Paper jams(B)

First check which sensor is registering the jam in the jam history. This will give you an idea where to look.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Manually turn the registration roller, there's probably a tiny bit of paper on the sensor which isn't visible, but turning the reg roller will feed it out
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 1018 Paper jams(B)

Lightbulb Re: Ricoh 1018 Paper jams(B)

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 1018 Paper jams(B)

Use the input modes of sp 5xxx to check and see which sensor is still blocked.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 1018 Paper jams(B)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    First check which sensor is registering the jam in the jam history. This will give you an idea where to look.
    We have already been given the information that this is a Jam (B). That is all that is recorded in the log data for this machine. Jam (A) is a feed jam. Jam (B) is anything else except for the duplex and the doc feeder.

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    Manually turn the registration roller, there's probably a tiny bit of paper on the sensor which isn't visible, but turning the reg roller will feed it out
    Usual cause of jam indication when the machine is turned on. Check the relay sensor as well. Could also be a dirty registration sensor, relay sensor on exit sensor. One other thing I have had trouble with is a bad door switch. If the machine does not see the door being opened and then closed, the jam indication will not be cleared.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tech.gasm View Post
    The aforementioned MFD is presenting non existent jams whereupon I did check the registration flag which had its spring out of position.After its restoration,the jam still hadn't cleared.I then exchanged the MP tray/registration sensors to see if there would be any effect but to no avail.Tried accessing the service program mode...no response.Opened the back cover & checked the wires..so far,so good.However on the IO board,LED301 is continuously blinking:same to BICU board,LED1 next to c145. My query is should these LEDs be blinking or is this indicative of an anomaly.Could the board(s) be malfunctioning such as to cause the permanent paper jam sign?is there something I'm overlooking?if I were to disconnect all switches,should the MFD boot normally?Looking forward to your favorable response...Regards.
    Check if the actuator for the reg. sensor is stuck or broken. If I remember correctly, (it's been awhile since I worked on these), there is a cut-out in the registration paper guide through which the actuator protrudes. If the guide is out of position, it hinders the actuator from coming to it's normal rest position

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I agree with Debs, partly because I think that she's right but mostly because I'm scared of her.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Llama God View Post
    I agree with Debs, partly because I think that she's right but mostly because I'm scared of her.
    You're a sensible man
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

You check the following sections. Make sure your problem will be solved.
    1 - Make sure that the initials of the impact when you open.
    2 - Certificate of registration trapped in the shaft even though most are small pieces.
    3 - For registration sensor detects paper jams mechanical axis, can be extracted by springs out of need.
    If all the above have been tested and works fine but the problem is still not resolved, the control board think.
    Good networking success!