Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    mr.simonski

SC571 after fuser turn over

hey copier-experts!My name is simon, I'm from Germany and I have a problem with my Ricoh 3224c. We bought this item very cheap for around 200€ (~$250) and it workeds perfectly for over 2 years now. Two weeks ago my father made a stupid fault, he inserted photo-paper for ink jet printers and tried to print out a photo. The photo-paper stuck in the fuser, it was sort of "stick in" into these red rolls. Some error was shown on the display (I didn't see it, I was on holidays), but the employees were able to put the device into scan-mode to be able at least to scan documents although the printing/copy-function was disabled.After my holidays I put out the fuser unit and opened it, put out all photo paper arrears and put the whole fuser unit together again. Then I made a fault: I turn the fuser upside down to remove some missing photo-paper pieces from the bottom and I oversaw the fuser oil suplly hole. So a lot of silicon oil went out, but luckely more on my table than into the fuser.I clean everything up and put the fuser unit back into the machine but now there comes the error code "SC 571" when I turn the machine on. I read some information on the net that I have to reset the code by pressing yellow "c", then 107 and then holding "" until service menu appears. Then I tried to reset the code by navigating to 5810 and pressing the reset button, but after power-up the ricoh 3224c still shows "SC571".So I looked up the error message and read about a "fuser oil overflow" problem. Because I cleaned up everything in the fuser, I can't imagine that there is still a problem?! I downloaded some service manual from some russian site and looked up the position of the sensor: there are two sensors near the fuser oil tank, one at the bottom is making sure, that oil i in the tank, a second one inside the oil tank seems to be the overflow-sensor. So I pulled out the oil tank and cleaned the senor inside it again, reconnected all wires (specially to notice that the wire is connected with a female-female connector, so I made sure both plugs are in), but the error still appears on the display.Does the SC 571 has some other meaning? How should the oil-overflow-sensor be cleaned, so that it is resetted? Does anyone has a idea what I'm doing wrong? It seems like there is no oil overflow in the machine itself, everything looks clean... maybe I just have to do some other magic move to turn of the SC571 error message instead of doing this 5810-reset switch?Thanks for all helpful answers and please excuse my bad english,best wishes from Germany,Simon

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: SC571 after fuser turn over

Think you need to pay for an engineer to come have a look - the reason a five code is supposed to only be reset by an engineer is because it could possibly be a dangerous fault

Retired 10,000+ Posts

There is a small fusing oil reservoir on the bottom of the fusing unit on the side toward the PCU. There are two sensors in the reservoir. One is the oil level sensor. It determines if more oil is needed to be pumped up from the main reservoir bottle in the back. The other is the overflow sensor. It is activated if the oil level is too high or the fusing unit gets tilted too far. Just let the fusing unit set right side up and the oil will eventually drain completely off the sensor.

Since you have had Photo InkJet paper stick to the fusing belt and/or pressure roller, you should have the fusing belt sub assembly and the pressure roller replaced. If you plan to replace them yourself, you will need a service manual to do it properly. If you plan to use this machine for any length of time, you should get a bottle of fusing oil for it and keep the main supply reserevoir filled.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: SC571 after fuser turn over

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

paul@justmanuals.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

I'm not going to jump on the "you shouldn't be doing this" bandwagon, but it sounds pretty much like the fuser's suffered some sort of damage. It'll definitely need stripping down and further investigation.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Llama God View Post
    I'm not going to jump on the "you shouldn't be doing this" bandwagon, but it sounds pretty much like the fuser's suffered some sort of damage. It'll definitely need stripping down and further investigation.
    If you had ever worked on one of these, you would know about the overflow sensor. It is a common error when you tilt one slightly while working on it. Fusing belt assembly and pressure are maintenance items. Just be sure to follow the service manual when replacing them.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you had ever worked on one of these, you would know about the overflow sensor. It is a common error when you tilt one slightly while working on it. Fusing belt assembly and pressure are maintenance items. Just be sure to follow the service manual when replacing them.
    Are you taking the piss?

Quote Originally Posted by llama god View Post
    are you taking the piss?
    goddamn the like button being awol..!!!!