Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    joshuadenmark

Ricoh MPC305 - Yellow color missing - partial [SOLVED]

Yellow color missing partial, rest of the colors and black are ok.

Solution:

Remove lsu cover, one screw.

Remove the right lsu, one screw. Be careful not to brake flat cable.
    Remove flat cable, one connector.
    Put it all together.

Yellow is back.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MPC305 - Yellow color missing - partial [SOLVED]

Hi there!
    Yes Peter there is a RTB from Ricoh about this issue. One week ago i was on a Metis/Griffin-workshop, and they having problems with the yellow ph. There are machines, you have to do this proceure every 2 weeks! Until now there is no solution for this. Also hard problems with white lines, coming fro particels in the devbox. Solution ??? I had this several times: Open the devbox, put out the developer, take a sieve, put out the crap refill the developer, done.
    Greetings...

joshuadenmark

Yes, have the developer lines too :-)

When I had the missing color (yellow) I first change the PCDU then Transfer unit and last the Transfer lift motor... 3.5 Hours of pulling apart and putting together OMG

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

had the yellow problem the other day odd how you cant see anything wrong with the laser i havent had this on the mpc3003 range yet
    but will keep an eye out. on the mpc305 i had to replace the yellow toner coil today took best part of 5 hrs boy i hate small copiers

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slot View Post
    had the yellow problem the other day odd how you cant see anything wrong with the laser i havent had this on the mpc3003 range yet
    but will keep an eye out. on the mpc305 i had to replace the yellow toner coil today took best part of 5 hrs boy i hate small copiers
    Please tell us if it helped more than 2 week with new coil, we got the same problem with the machine, changed the laster and calibrate the colors, but 2 weeks later they call us again same problem =/

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

the yellow toner coil had to be replaced due to the copier calling for toner but when the engineer got there fault had cleared this happened 3 times so in the end we changed the coil on the yellow it wasn't twisted like on the spc430 but when turned by hand no toner came out it may have just been blocked this isn't to do with the laser problem

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slot View Post
    Are you kidding me! Has the SPC430 virus moved to the MPC305 now!? Arggg!!!
    Press the GREEN button!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Just had this today partial yellow missing first I removed and refitted the RHS laser unit and the fault was still there.

I'm assuming therefor its the one on the left that does the yellow and not the one above the yellow pcu as when I removed and refitted the LHS laser unit it worked only thing I noticed was the flat ribbon clip fell off when I removed it and it was a bitch to refit it.

Spoke to Ricoh UK Helpdesk about the Fault and they Hadn't even heard of it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

happened again todayyellow missing partial having so far swapped the laser unit and the ribbon cables brought it back into the workshop now and whilst in transit for 2 hours when it got back it worked :/

I'm thinking its something on the Bicu as Ricoh released anything on this issue yet does anyone know?

Technician

Angry Re: Ricoh MPC305 - Yellow color missing - partial [SOLVED]

A fucking hand grenade in it i said in early post this machine was crap i stand by my decision will never
    recommend our reps sell this heap again its becoming worse than do i say it the 1224/1232c series !!