Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh 3030 with no toner in Type 1027 PCU...

Re: Ricoh 3030 with no toner in Type 1027 PCU...

Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    See attached,

Remove unit, push "B", release slowly. If it sticks, that's probably the problem.

if you can get to the front of the mag roller you can check continuity from the bias tag at the rear pcb, not easy to reach this tag.

otherwise strip down the back (flywheel / pcb bracket etc) and remove the boss holding shaft "B"

As a quick fix you could lub the shaft with wd40 or similar to free shaft B up, but may not last.
    I'm in the car and headed to try out your idea as well as others (1 at a time...LOL).

Thanks for the pic!

Jeff

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

In front of machine right now. I cleaned & sprayed a drop or 2 of wd40 on the pcu drive pin. I have tested 200 plus copies so far. The first copy of each run has a light band of dev. on the back side lead edge. That ends up touching the second copy contaminating it, but after that (98 copies) they look fine, feel fine. Do another run and exact same thing, first 2 have some dev. contamination. This a step forward as all were contaminated previously.

Any other ideas on the banding?
    I probably will replace the pcu drive pin (correct name?) just to not get a recall on it.

Thanks everyone...I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Jeff

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foo View Post
    In front of machine right now. I cleaned & sprayed a drop or 2 of wd40 on the pcu drive pin. I have tested 200 plus copies so far. The first copy of each run has a light band of dev. on the back side lead edge. That ends up touching the second copy contaminating it, but after that (98 copies) they look fine, feel fine. Do another run and exact same thing, first 2 have some dev. contamination. This a step forward as all were contaminated previously.

I probably will replace the pcu drive pin (correct name?) just to not get a recall on it.

Jeff
    Probably slight overtone causing the toner on the back lead edge. Is it dev (grit) or toner?
    If dev you still may have still have poor bias letting the dev fall off the mag roller.
    Any readings for vsp vsg vt?

Make sure its the dev drive you replace. Would probably clean up ok.

Hope it works out

Happy hols

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foo View Post

Jeff
    The light band on the lead edge of the back side is coming from the transfer roller. Replace it the and they should go away.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The light band on the lead edge of the back side is coming from the transfer roller. Replace it the and they should go away.
    But the transfer roller gets it from the drum which gets it from the dev unit, probably due to overtoning.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

But the transfer roller gets it from the drum which gets it from the dev unit, probably due to overtoning.
    Yes, but once the transfer roller gets dirty, you have to replace it.

Yes, but once the transfer roller gets dirty, you have to replace it.
    ?.... If the transfer roller was contaminated it would give pale copies every copy on a run. The toner has to come from somewhere else... drum... dev unit... dev.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

?.... If the transfer roller was contaminated it would give pale copies every copy on a run. The toner has to come from somewhere else... drum... dev unit... dev.
    What I posted already has worked on every 34 ppm and below machine that I have encountered in the past with a dark band on about the first .5 to 1 inch of the back. Call Ricoh support and they will tell you the same as that is where I originally learned about replacing the transfer roller.

What I posted already has worked on every 34 ppm and below machine that I have encountered in the past with a dark band on about the first .5 to 1 inch of the back. Call Ricoh support and they will tell you the same as that is where I originally learned about replacing the transfer roller.
    The black mark is residual toner or it would be there every copy, it must be coming from somewhere else as the transfer roller can only hold a finite amount of toner. Therefore it must come from the drum which means there is background toner on the drum when the transfer roller contacts it. This toner can only come from either poor cleaning or the dev unit and since there have been toner / bias issues the dev unit seems the logical source.
    I agree that an old/ dirty transfer roller may tend to collect toner due to residual charge but there must be toner on the drum to collect. If the later copies in the run have no background AND the vsp vsg td readings are ok the new transfer roller may work but if the toner levels are high it will contaminate the new roller and cause the same issue.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

To chime in here seems appropriate.
    The substance on the back of the first 1/2 inch of the first or a single copy is developer.
    On a run the gritty feel is only between sheets 1 and 2, the rest of the run seems fine.

Jeff