Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Re: Ricoh 3030 with no toner in Type 1027 PCU...

If like slimbob says its on the BACK of a single sided copy it cant be coming from the PCU then can it since that only touches the front side of a copy.

Either its the Paper Transfer roller is full of dev or the Registration section as some in it also its probably worth replacing the erase lamp assembly because if that's not working it will cause the image that it was supposed to be erasing getting onto the transfer roller before you press the green button.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bantams View Post
    If like slimbob says its on the BACK of a single sided copy it cant be coming from the PCU then can it since that only touches the front side of a copy.

Either its the Paper Transfer roller is full of dev or the Registration section as some in it also its probably worth replacing the erase lamp assembly because if that's not working it will cause the image that it was supposed to be erasing getting onto the transfer roller before you press the green button.
    Erase lamp fixation!
    Any toner dev on only the first Inch of the copy (rear face) is from background on the drum , the transfer roller is picking it up when there is no paper between it and the drum then transfers the residue the back of the paper for 1 revolution of the transfer roller (circumference about 1 inch). this cleans the roller So the rest of the back face is clean. By the third copy the turning dev unit attracts a bit more toner back to the mag roller so the background on the drum BETWEEN Copies is reduced and no toner /dev is applied to the transfer roller.
    If the dev / toner on the back face was from Crap in transfer unit behind the roller it would be on the Whole of the back face (?)

still concerned that it's gritty (dev) but this PCU / dev has been stressed and probably over toned so until everything settles down the CQ may suffer.

Technician 50+ Posts

I have seen this issue before and the fix was replacing the toner hopper chuck.
    If the chuck spring does not return the chuck to open position it does not grab the bottle top stem and pull it out to allow toner to auger with mylars via hole at dev. Entrance.
    I have read the other posts and the key word i heard was no toner was in the developer hole by the auger mechanics.
    If you have another toner hopper i would swap it to see if it adds toner like it should.
    Also make sure the bottle top stem mech. Is not pushed into the toner bottle to far as this will also not allow toner to add even with a good toner hopper chuck.
    Hope this helped.

Merry christmas

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duane@pbbsinc.com View Post
    I have seen this issue before and the fix was replacing the toner hopper chuck.
    If the chuck spring does not return the chuck to open position it does not grab the bottle top stem and pull it out to allow toner to auger with mylars via hole at dev. Entrance.
    I have read the other posts and the key word i heard was no toner was in the developer hole by the auger mechanics.
    If you have another toner hopper i would swap it to see if it adds toner like it should.
    Also make sure the bottle top stem mech. Is not pushed into the toner bottle to far as this will also not allow toner to add even with a good toner hopper chuck.
    Hope this helped.

Merry christmas
    But it's not asking for toner! (Correct me if I'm wrong!) With a new PCU and a toner supply issue that Would be the first symptom. This machine has, if anything, too Much toner in the PCU, that why I Keep asking for VSP, VSG , TD readings.
    Bored with this one now! Please Update when fixed.
    Merry Xmas!

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 3030 with no toner in Type 1027 PCU...

Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    I Keep asking for VSP, VSG , TD readings.

The keys to understanding how Ricoh's work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The toner Hopper assy. is new. It was the first thing I replaced when this all started.
    The crud on the back of the first copy completely/cleanly wipes off. So it makes me think there's little if any toner in that line on the back.

I will get the voltage numbers requested next visit. Sorry this is boring you.

I do thank you all for riding this problem out with me. Hopefully we are on the downhill side of the problem.

I will update in a few days.

Thanks again... Merry Christmas
    Jeff

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I can't remember if this has been brought up yet, so I'm sorry if it has.
    Still, is the machine level?
    I've only seen developer spew on machines that are off level from front to back, so maybe that's not the problem.
    But if the right hand side of the machine it too far below the left hand side I would think that could cause developer spew across the entire width of the paper path, even with new PCUs.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Merry Christmas to all.

Yes it's level... Thanks for asking though!

Jeff