Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MP3353 sc672-11

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

Re: MP3353 sc672-11

Two machines would pop the message at least once a day. On/off makes it go away. The others stuck on 672-11.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

had a brand new out the box mpc3003 do this in the last week controller board fixed it
    thanks for all the info on this thread> I did try the usb cable and a opps panel first its a
    pain trying to workout what to go for.

Technician

We had an out of the box MPC4503 that threw the code upon intial startup. After reseeding all the connectors everything was fine. Definitely try that before ordering boards.

Quote Originally Posted by slot View Post
    had a brand new out the box mpc3003 do this in the last week controller board fixed it
    thanks for all the info on this thread> I did try the usb cable and a opps panel first its a
    pain trying to workout what to go for.
    Dear Slot,

We have the similar issue that you had
    Please advice how should you rectify this issue at last

Thanks in advance

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have heard that a firmware upgrade can help with this fault we have had this on more than one machine each time it has been a different fix ie cont board bicu opps panel this is a nightmare to pin down

I have heard that a firmware upgrade can help with this fault we have had this on more than one machine each time it has been a different fix ie cont board bicu opps panel this is a nightmare to pin down
    Dear slot,
    Thanks for the reply,
    1.We tried to update firmware but machine does not allow to update
    2.We replaced new Controller board and new controller board also getting effected with CS672

Please advice if you have solution
    Thanks in advance

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have had this issue many times across the range.

I have found (as stated) in previous threads that the factory is cable tying the USB cable and harness way too tight causing this issue.

I have found the way to resolve this issue is to replace the controller board and USB cable as a set. A USB cable which is 1 metre long will do.

If you can not get your hands on a USB cable or controller board quickly, set SP1-191 to 0 (I think) or vice verca.

What this does is it does not let the controller board go into energy saver mode, while the device will, the board will stay active. This will help mask the issue but it is not a long term fix.

Ultimately I have not just tried to replace the USB cable on its self, but I will next time I get the issue.

Dear Imprestik, Thanks for the reply
    I have found (as stated) in previous threads that the factory is cable tying the USB cable and harness way too tight causing this issue.
    I think you are referent to USB printer cable, This machine was used as network printer

If you can not get your hands on a USB cable or controller board quickly, set SP1-191 to 0 (I think) or vice verca.
    Unfortunately the machine can not get the SP mode

Quote Originally Posted by Imprestik View Post
    I have had this issue many times across the range.

I have found the way to resolve this issue is to replace the controller board and USB cable as a set. A USB cable which is 1 metre long will do.

What this does is it does not let the controller board go into energy saver mode, while the device will, the board will stay active. This will help mask the issue but it is not a long term fix.

Ultimately I have not just tried to replace the USB cable on its self, but I will next time I get the issue.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

great tip about sp1 191 this is also a part fix for mpc305 going off line it hides the fault many thanks

great tip about sp1 191 this is also a part fix for mpc305 going off line it hides the fault many thanks
    We can not enter the SP mode of this machine, therefore we unable to set the SP1 191 ......Any advice