Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MP3353 sc672-11

Re: MP3353 sc672-11

The control panel fixed my problem. Talked to Ricoh engineering and they want me to send the old one to them and a debug log. Sounds like this must be an issue. Just FYI

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Is that m/c equipped with a normal op-panel or asmart panel?
    We have the exact same problem with an MPC 3003 with a normal panel.
    These same syptoms coming from different locations is not good.
    Anyone have more informations about that problem?
    A prediction, wait for much more SC672-11 in the future.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

as per my post the opps panel fixed it but it was the standard opps pannel

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts withnail's Avatar

I have a new MPC5503 that did this out of the box as well as the screen locking up, the run up team replaced the ops panel and controller board to fix it but the fault returned. I replaced the bicu, ipu, controller, hdd and another ops panel but I get the screen locking up after about an hour and when I reboot it I get SC672-11. I also replaced the ribbon cables between the boards but still have the issue. With a fax module fitted the fax won't boot up just says loading, without I still get the problem as previously described. Any help would be appreciated.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts withnail's Avatar

Have since replaced the USB lead from the IPU and Ops Panel to cure this fault.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Ricoh-Germany has a new information for sc672 on the "Metis"-sides, maybe it´s now availible on the other Ricoh-sides. They explain the meaning of the led´s blinking on the controller, etc....
    The "bad" parts, they say are : FCU / Controller / dimm / IPU / usb-cable. Hope this helps..
    Greetings...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

Hi all,

As mentioned above.

I have seen this exact error on a MPC2503, 3003, 3503 and 6003. The issue in most of these cases was caused by the USB cable that runs from the OPS panel to the IPU. If you disconnect the usb end that plugs into the IPU and power on the device; get your multimeter and touch the frame with one connector and with the other touch the two little openings on the connector head. If it is shorting out you will get continuity on both. It should only have continuity on one of the holes not both. This then blows a tiny fuse on the ipu, just to the right of the connector. The real trick to this issue is that you fit a new ipu and still get the same error code as the board blows again. Wild goose chase. I believe the cables may be to tightly crimped in place. FYI you can purchase the usb cable from most electronic stores just a standard cable which costs next to nothing.

Technician

We have also been experiencing this on a number of the machines you mentioned in our area.

Can you confirm whether it's just the USB cable that needs to be replaced/rerouted, or does the USB cable cause an issue with the IPU which then then needs to be replaced also?

Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by banshee2000 View Post
    I got the same problem on a 5503. I just ordered a controller and control panel. Sometimes my machine will come to ready but only the touch screen works, none of the hard keys work. So hopefully its the panel. Anybody got any other info on this. Thanks in advance
    I had this on one métis and found the ribbon cable that link the 2 boards in the ops panel was not seated fully, it's worth checking before ordering expensive boards, all other occasions of SC672 have been control board for me. It's difficult to see how much of a problem this SC code is as it never seems to appear on the smc data
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Technician

Are the sc672's you guys are getting intermittent codes or permanently displayed until resolved by replacing/reseating cable or board?