Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    mp c6000 sc411 error.

Question mp c6000 sc411 error.

I am currently working on a mp c6000 and am not able to do an auto color calibration, the copies and prints in all colors are faded, too. It is to my understanding that the 411 code has something to do with the image density sensors. What is my best plan of attack to resolve this issue? The mfp has 112529 on color and 30k on bk.

Re: mp c6000 sc411 error.

Clean the ID sensors, if the machine still fails the ACC you may need to replace the ITB and/or drums. By the sounds of it the fading is across everything, which usually means ITB is gone.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp c6000 sc411 error.

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Clean the ID sensors, if the machine still fails the ACC you may need to replace the ITB and/or drums. By the sounds of it the fading is across everything, which usually means ITB is gone.
    Beat me to it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    mp c6000 sc411 error.

I will clean the id sensors first, I will check the history of the mfp on Mon, I am almost certain the itb was replaced a few months ago. I also tried sp 3802-2 however it failed. Thank you for the responses, I will follow up with my results on a later day.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

Assuming it was changed, have you checked the ITB is the correct way round? Are the ITB position sensors clean?

Either of these would cause MUSIC errors.

Is it the chicken or the egg? If toner level is low you won't get MUSIC, but if MUSIC isn't correct you may get I.D errors. Check the Toner levels in the PCU's. If OK, you have a transfer problem, If low, Toner supply?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mp c6000 sc411 error.

Once you're sure all of the sensors are clean and functional, your best bet is to start out with fresh developer to ensure you have the proper mix.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    mp c6000 sc411 error.

Thank you for all the responses. I will check the ITB, it was changed not too long ago, I will clean and vac. out the sensors and possibly change dev. I will share my results in a few days.

joshuadenmark

Remember to use a moist cloth to clean these ID sensors, else the get static at attract toner dust in a flash.

Technician
    mp c6000 sc411 error.

Also be sure to check the Magenta transfer roller itself that is under the ITB. I have had SC 410-413 codes on new set-ups before and it was a stuck transfer roller bushing for the particular color that the code is throwing ( in your case, Magenta). Usually you can see the bushing is twisted and not setting correctly in its housing. You sometimes can just push on the bushing with the ITB still on the unit and it will re-seat itself. Worth a check, especially if they have moved machine or maybe when other ITB was installed something happened.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    mp c6000 sc411 error.

Ok, lets see the facts: The MPC6000 should be 4 or 5 years old and over this time, it has only 111K Color and 30K bk on it, so we are talking about 25-30K Prints a Year(!) for a Box like this size. So this means for me, that this mashine has done more warmup/initial/phasing out runs than real prints. My bet goes for worn out developer, worn out drums and worn out coating bars. Regarding the costs that are coming up to you (even if i dont know how much you charge for a click, but it cant be THAT much), i would suggest you to replace the mashine with a smaller one asap.
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!