Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ricoh mp2550

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

ricoh mp2550

I have a problem with the preset stamps , when you select stamps on the display all the stamps show but the preset stamps, they arent highlighted and cant be selected....i looked thru all the sp codes to see if they can be turned off/on but cant seem to find anything...anyone see this before? any help is appreciated

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    ricoh mp2550

Re: ricoh mp2550

Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    I have a problem with the preset stamps , when you select stamps on the display all the stamps show but the preset stamps, they arent highlighted and cant be selected....i looked thru all the sp codes to see if they can be turned off/on but cant seem to find anything...anyone see this before? any help is appreciated

SP5853 (Stamp data download).
    If the HDD has been replaced, and this hasn't been done, that explains why they're not available.
    Cycle machine off/on afterwards.

thanks ill give it a try on monday

thanks that was it, i bought this machine from a wholesaler so i dont know what they did..another question, the yellow light on the nic card stays solid, when i connect it it stays yellow..i input the ip and try to ping it but nothing, i can print usb without a problem, does the nic have to be reset if the did repalce the hard drive?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    ricoh mp2550

Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    thanks that was it, i bought this machine from a wholesaler so i dont know what they did..another question, the yellow light on the nic card stays solid, when i connect it it stays yellow..i input the ip and try to ping it but nothing, i can print usb without a problem, does the nic have to be reset if the did repalce the hard drive?
    NIC does not have to be reset due to a new HDD, but it may have been disabled OR never enabled on that machine:
    SP5985-001 On board NIC (O=off /1=On)
    SP5985-002 On Board USB (0=off / 1=On)

Edit:
    Now that i think about it, I don't think that the light would on the Nic would be lit if it wasn't enabled. But maybe worth a try.
    Last edited by sandmanmac; 01-07-2014 at 02:24 AM.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

The NIC shouldn't need to be reset if the hard drive was replaced.
    You might try entering a new static IP address in the machine and try pinging it then. If it isn't a static IP address, your network might be changing it before you get to ping the machine.
    To the best of my knowledge, the yellow light on the machine's NIC is supposed to stay on all the time.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    ricoh mp2550

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, the yellow light on the machine's NIC is supposed to stay on all the time.
    All the time that it is connected to a network. If it is on with the cable disconnected, there is a problem with the controller board. Try setting for Auto Assign (DHCP) and see if ypu get an IP address. If you do, check the sub net, gateway, and DNS settings from the DCHP.

i tried a static ip with my laptop with a crossover and the same thing...also tried auto assign and get an ip of .011.022.033.044... the light never changes.even with the network cable unplugged and the green light never comes on

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    After this descriptions, i think the controller is bad. I had the problem on the same type,the machine won´t work correctly - firmware-update - 2 days later "please wait" .
    Tried without hdd - the same, change the controller (with the old hdd re-connected) - OK.
    Greetings...

babar123

Dear Friends

I facing lots of problem in RICOH MP2550, Ist: I changed all the parts on the machine including developer type28, after that round about 1000 copies the print quality light , It's seems like toner is not feed properly and also one thing more is coming in back side there's some black shade coming . I service drum unit but the problem coming again same. I have three machines in customer place, all the machines same problems. Ist machine i taken 74000 copier and I changed four developer on this machine 2nd machine I take 50000 copier and I changed three developer. and the third machine only get 10000 and used one developer ( because this machine used as a backup ) ... my question is that why print is coming light and black shade is coming in back side ., If am not changed the developer the copy coming more dark the print quality very bad . Please suggest me