Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Re: Scan-To-Email PDFs Sent As MIME Type

I haven't even looked at these yet, that's how much confidence I have in your knowledge

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Scan-To-Email PDFs Sent As MIME Type

I'd be pushing this issue onto the customers I.T. as it appears they have altered something on the mail server.

Quote Originally Posted by ApeosMan View Post
    I'd be pushing this issue onto the customers I.T. as it appears they have altered something on the mail server.
    We are the customer's IT. I'm waiting for our chaps to install the service pack onto a ghost image of the Exchange Server to see whether that fixes it. They're IT bods though, it takes them weeks to do anything.

If the memory for the scanner has been corrupted, then you'll need to clear the memory. I would also recommend re-doing the firmware. Before clearing the memory, document the IP, Subnet, Gateway, DNS, All SMTP settings, and Administrator Email account as it will be cleared.

In SP Modes 5801 Clear the Scanner and NCS, reboot. Again, update all firmware for good measure.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

This thread has sparked a nugget of a memory for me. We had a client where we updated the machine and this started happening. The fix was a patch for their server. Sorry I can't remember the details but it's definitely the same issue.

Bypass Tray Expert 50+ Posts halbrandenburg's Avatar

There are a lot of correct recommendations here. I've seen this on a working Ricoh machine that immediately experienced this when the Exchange 2013 Server was installed. They fixed it on the server without doing anything on the copier. That being said, large file size and the Divide and Send option will also produce similar MIME Type results.

Given the date ane the lack of replies from the Llama God (IT) it appears as if the server patch worked.

Quote Originally Posted by halbrandenburg View Post
    There are a lot of correct recommendations here. I've seen this on a working Ricoh machine that immediately experienced this when the Exchange 2013 Server was installed. They fixed it on the server without doing anything on the copier. That being said, large file size and the Divide and Send option will also produce similar MIME Type results.

Given the date ane the lack of replies from the Llama God (IT) it appears as if the server patch worked.
    Sorry, I forgot to come back about this. I'm afraid that our IT department went for setting up scan-to-folder as a "temporary" workaround. Temporary/permanent, I feel.