Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    W2400 browser firmware

W2400 browser firmware

Hi, All. I need to update the browser firmware on this machine. After unzipping the file I discovered it did not contain a regular FWU. file. It contains a 1K CONF. file, and a couple of sd card exe. files. Does anyone know the procedure for this firmware update? I already did the rest, with no issues.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    W2400 browser firmware

Re: W2400 browser firmware

Ok, Here's what I have. Pic 1 is the unzipped browser firmware. To the right is the exe files I was referring to.
    Pic 2 is me creating the service sd card. (for whatever it does, the machine recognized no valid data on the card)
    Pic 3 is me using a blank sd card using the "update production sd card" exe file, just to see what it would do.

The machine has 3 sd cards installed. Printer option, scanner option, and a TIFF filter. Am I supposed to write the files from the SDK folder to one of the machine SD cards? (a scary thought)
    I am at a loss at the moment. I hope someone can bring some clarity to this damn situation.

Unzipped Browser Firmware.jpgCreate service SD Card.jpgUpdate production SD card.jpg
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: W2400 browser firmware

First of all, take this with a grain of salt. The old laptop that I used to use for stuff like this died recently, and I am not terribly familiar with the new one the mothership gave me yet. Plus I haven't done firmware updates on this machine.
    That being said, best I can tell updating this firmware on the machine is similar to the older machines, put the firmware update SD card in the third slot, if there is already a SD card in the third slot just take it out.
    As far as the actual firmware goes, I think that "B8285302.exe" contains what you are looking for, it appears that eventually it will produce a file called "createserviceSDcard" which will then apparently create the needed firmware in a folder named "SDK" on the root directory of the drive you select.
    Man, that's way more complicated than it needs to be.
    Well, hope that helps, and sorry if it was a waste of time.