Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Insufficient memory in the destination hard disk on Ricoh MP C4503

Re: Insufficient memory in the destination hard disk on Ricoh MP C4503

Are they using FAX forwarding? They may have had the machine set to store incoming faxes instead of printing at on time. Check the memory remaining in the fax option. If it is low, you are going to have to delete some or all the stored faxes.

The only other thing that I can think of would be scan resolution. 600X600 makes a file that is 9 times the size made by 200X200.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

So, the message on the machine is actually accusing the computer receiving the scan of not having enough hard drive space? Just wanted to clarify that point as a few of the responses have to do with the hard drive in the machine, and while I'm not sure, the best I can tell the problem probably has nothing to do with that. If I'm wrong, please ignore the rest of this.
    Sounds like you might need some general network help with this. Just to hedge your bets, you might also post your question here:
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/fo...4-Connectivity
    Other than that, like others have said, you might reduce the scan resolution, particularly busy and colorful original scans at high resolution can create rather immense files. You might also see if the computer that is receiving the scan has disk quotas set up on it's hard drive (I've never seen that before, so that is pretty unlikely, but if the machine's assigned quota doesn't have enough working disk space to process the scan it could conceivably cause an error like that).
    If you have a laptop available, maybe try scanning to it and see what happens.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I'm having the same issue with MP2550B and MP6001. These are at a college. sending about 6 pages is fine, anything over about 9 pages I get memory message with destination to HDD. Everything is off and haven't figured it out yet. There IT has a 6001 in there department and they were going to try somethings. will let you know..

Technician

Saw a similar message a couple years back - don't remember machine brand. The email account on the mail server was close to storage capacity and IT had to delete a lot of old mail. Don't know if this applies here, but its easy for the customer's IT people to check.

Dirty toner monkey 50+ Posts

I have the exact same fault with the exact same machine as the OP.

MPC 4503 - Scan to email - Resolution set for 200 dpi - Max email size set for 102400Kb (ie: maximum size) - Customer has no maximum email size set on their exchange server, and can send 80-90Mb emails internally to each other. Anything over roughly 30 pages in colour will get a message saying " Transmission fail, destination HDD full" or words to that effect. I am currently waiting for Ricoh level 2 to get back to me.

The machine I am working on has latest firmware, standard control panel.

Anyone any ideas?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ewizzy View Post
    I have the exact same fault with the exact same machine as the OP.

MPC 4503 - Scan to email - Resolution set for 200 dpi - Max email size set for 102400Kb (ie: maximum size) - Customer has no maximum email size set on their exchange server, and can send 80-90Mb emails internally to each other. Anything over roughly 30 pages in colour will get a message saying " Transmission fail, destination HDD full" or words to that effect. I am currently waiting for Ricoh level 2 to get back to me.

The machine I am working on has latest firmware, standard control panel.

Anyone any ideas?

The critical thing I see is "Color". Scan ten pages of what they typically scan in color and then scan it again in black and white. Compare the size of the two PDFs. You will find that the color is many times the size of the black and white.

Dirty toner monkey 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The critical thing I see is "Color". Scan ten pages of what they typically scan in color and then scan it again in black and white. Compare the size of the two PDFs. You will find that the color is many times the size of the black and white.
    the colour PDF file is 8.94Mb. Shouldn't really be a problem.

In case anyone looks for a solution to this, I had a call back from Ricoh technical, level 2. They suggested that it could be the users inbox store on exchange that is full, or has a restriction on the size of the attachments. I passed this on to the customers it consultant.

Technician

Was this ever fixed?

I just had one doing this same error - Scan to email and comes up with the message about "Destination disk is full"

Ended up the customer has a maximum of 10Mb per email - they were trying to scan in 30~ pages in colour which was exceeding this email size. Turned PDF compression ON - emails worked.

Customers IT ended up setting up SMB Folders for the customer to Scan to when they are going to scan large docs.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dreama View Post
    Was this ever fixed?

I just had one doing this same error - Scan to email and comes up with the message about "Destination disk is full"

Ended up the customer has a maximum of 10Mb per email - they were trying to scan in 30~ pages in colour which was exceeding this email size. Turned PDF compression ON - emails worked.

Customers IT ended up setting up SMB Folders for the customer to Scan to when they are going to scan large docs.
    I have had 2 situations that I know of where the user's e-mail account on Microsoft e-mail server was at its limit for storage space and the MFP threw an error code for disk full!....It was the users that never deleted their e-mail and their drive space allocation was being exceeded on the server!...Just thought you'd like to know!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

steven@mostech.co.za

Referring to "Destination mailbox is full" < This is not related to the MFP's error, but rather the Destination email address mailbox where it is trying to send to is full. Ask the client to check the destination email mailbox size > Open Outlook > Click on File and the client should see the amount of mailbox space is remaining:

Capture.JPG
    Regards,

Steven