Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Saphire/Stonedyne hot roller coating.

This may appear as a dumb question for now, but I wonder if it's possible to approach cooking utensile manufactures
    and have them coat fuser hot-rollers with stonedyne/saphire non-stick hard wearing surface material . I beleive it could be the solution to a lot of copier fuser problems. It may even lead to faster colour copiers...

For those that don't know stonedyne is the new whizz-bang cookware coating that is replacing the teflon chemical coating.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Re: Saphire/Stonedyne hot roller coating.

if it stops eggs from wrapping around the hot roller its a great idea. otherwise its a fukt idea. well maybe not a totally fukt idea, probably just a standard fuct idea
    Last edited by BLADE; 02-10-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    if it stops eggs from wrapping around the hot roller its a great idea. otherwise its a fukt idea. well maybe not a totally fukt idea, probably just a standard fuct idea
    Sh!t now you got me thinking.
    We'll be able to put strips of bacon or ham in the paper trays and it won't get stuck in the new stonedine coated fuser rollers. It will save me from taking my lunch break. I'll just run a sandwich through the fuser (in SP mode ) to toast it.
    Problem's are now sorted... I'll go from 50hrs work a week to 55, of coarse I'll still only get paid for 38hrs.

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts

The everlasting fuser roller will be created, so where do the manufactures make their profit to sustain the company for future models. If everything lasted to long then companies would go bust and we would be out of a job as the machines would end up to reliable. Lets just stick (pun intended) to having to replace parts and keep us all in a job we all love lol.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Stonedyne is oven safe up to 350 degrees farenheit. That is 177 degrees celsius. That would be fine for most low end machines, but high volumn and production equipment general speaking run at a higher temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by collme View Post
    The everlasting fuser roller will be created, so where do the manufactures make their profit to sustain the company for future models. If everything lasted to long then companies would go bust and we would be out of a job as the machines would end up to reliable. Lets just stick (pun intended) to having to replace parts and keep us all in a job we all love lol.
    Hmmm.... Yer... I empathise with you there in a sort of way.

You also have the no-repeat/ no-return sales customer who does'nt like XYZcopier because the heap of crap jambs alot in the fuser. Or colour copy quality is crud because of poor fusing. You also have the tech running around doing more fuser repairs when fuser hotroller coating is stripped, removed or deliberately cut. Fuser rebuilds are not high on my want to repair list. But it is my job, so I can empathise with you just a tad.

We can always sell teflon coated rollers to time-materials customer, and fit stonedine rollers to service contract customers. A win win in a strange way. Of coarse this would only work if we had stonedine rollers.

I bought a superduper nonstick pan as advertised on tv. It even performed like the adds for awhile, but a couple of months on its just another pan

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    I bought a superduper nonstick pan as advertised on tv. It even performed like the adds for awhile, but a couple of months on its just another pan
    Yeah righto. Which brand did you buy ?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Yeah righto. Which brand did you buy ?
    small voice is saying dont name the brand however it would seem to be part of a worldwide legitimate scam. I got an antiwrinkle cream about the same time and thats been very effective stopping things sticking to my face

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

We have an excellent company in South Africa that recoat hotrollers from the small AE011086 to the big gun AE011108. They strip the previous coating on a lathe (and at the same time check for imperfections - which will cause a recoat reject). So far can only say that it works a charm, and we save a packet on new rollers!

So don't knock recoats until you tried them!
    Press the GREEN button!!