Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wink Re: Ricoh 3352 Ejecting 2nd sheet of paper

Thanks rthonpm

If it were a paper end sensor, would that create the fact that it pulled the second sheet out about 2 inches? Seems to me that its still a mechanical issue. But I will swap sensors between the trays anyway and give that a try. Also, thanks Counsel for your suggestion. The tray swap is something I have not tried yet. These are all great ideas. I'll let you know what I find out.

Technician

Re: Ricoh 3352 Ejecting 2nd sheet of paper

is the machine reading the correct paper size and direction? had a simular problem when I was rushing because I was backed up on calls

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 3352 Ejecting 2nd sheet of paper

Quote Originally Posted by rickybobby606 View Post
    It is possible but unlikely, unless it is doing that continually.. It is possible it is your paper feed clutch..
    Here is an idea, swap the top and bottom paper feed clutches around and see if there is a different effect. Goodlick
    !!
    This a definite posibility. If the clutch is sticking intermittantly, it could actually continue to feed the next sheet of paper.

Was this problem ever resolved? I have currently the same problem with a MP 3352 with 104K on it. I thought it was the Paper Feed Clutch sticking and feeding a second sheet of paper. I replaced the clutch BUT this did not fix the problem. What I found was the Paper Feed Clutch shut OFF momentarily after it picks up the sheet of paper but turns back ON for about 1 1/2 seconds and feeds a second sheet into the VT Rollers. Tray 2 does the same thing but the Tray 2 Feed Clutch only comes ON for about a 1/4 second after it initially shuts OFF; this is not enough to send the sheet of paper into the 2nd VT Rollers. This has nothing to do with Sensors or paper orientation. I have the latest firmware installed, reseated BCU Board connectors and did an ALL MEMORY CLEAR but the problem is still there. I suspect the BCU Board but am bothered by the fact that I see the Tray 2 Paper Feed Clutch doing the same thing.

I will update the last post myself. The beauty of being able to spend some time diagnosing a problem. Ricoh Tech Support suggested I replace the BCU Board (always the expensive fix and no quarantee). Turns out it was the Paper Feed Sensor (AW010128); it was not changing state. I duplicated the problem with Tray 2 by putting electrical tape over the Paper Feed Sensor and the same problem occured from Tray 2; the Paper Feed Clutch would come ON for an additional 1-1/2 seconds.The PB3050 (Dual Tray 3 for the MP C2800/C3300) uses the same sensor so used it to confirm the fix. On another forum, a tech with the same problem said there was a lot of toner dumped down inside the machine from a severe toner spill and this caused the sensor to fail, but this MFP was almost spotless. The Paper Feed Sensor only changes state once (to 0) after paper is fed and stays in that state until the tray runs out of paper or the tray is opnened and closed (goes back to a 1); powering OFF and ON the copier will not change the status of this sensor.