Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Ricoh Mp 2510 SD Card Reply Urgent

Hy guys,
    I have a one question to all friends. Kindly let me know that can we copy Printer/Scanner Kit or we make new printer/scanner kit via using blank SD Card. I have also firmware of this machine.

Thanks

M.Faraz

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Mp 2510 SD Card Reply Urgent

No, you can't. You can only fit a new one. The part number is D310 5017.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Go to www.recycledparts.us and you can get the SD card there for at least half price.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

Red face Re: Ricoh Mp 2510 SD Card Reply Urgent

MPC 7501, the final frontier...... ? Discuss

QUOTE=TonerMunkeh;404847]No, you can't. You can only fit a new one. The part number is D310 5017.[/QUOTE]

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Hah, Satan's MFP. Burn them all.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    No, you can't. You can only fit a new one. The part number is D310 5017.
    [/QUOTE]

Most of the used parts sites such as www.recycledparts.us will pull the entire Printer/Scanner kit if they have a machine that has the kit and not the imbedded version. The main thing with adding only the SD card is that a basic machine needs more than the SD card to install Printer/Scanner. Give them the part number all they will get you everything that you need at, as tonermunkeh said at about half the price or less.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Most of the used parts sites such as www.recycledparts.us will pull the entire Printer/Scanner kit if they have a machine that has the kit and not the imbedded version. The main thing with adding only the SD card is that a basic machine needs more than the SD card to install Printer/Scanner. Give them the part number all they will get you everything that you need at, as tonermunkeh said at about half the price or less.[/QUOTE]

The recycled guy's are a good source for this, But in the past I have ordered the P/S card as a part from Ricoh with the print scan buttons, and sourced the additionally needed memory from the after market and converted a machine to the print scan version for under $200. That is when the model has the on board NIC...................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Technician

Ok but tell me the reason why we purchase new one. I think that we have many ways to copy that card guys you have any reason why we cannot copy this card and i am already copy sd card in blank sd card but now luck. machine did'nt show the printer option. what is the logic can any one tell me may be we will resolve this issue and save our money.

thanks

M.Faraz

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I believe that Ricoh places a low level marker file on their SD cards that identifies the card to the machine as an options firmware card. Without this, the machine will not accept the firmware. This is for Copywrite protection. If you move an option from one card to another, you have to store the SD as proof that you have purchased the option. If at sometime in the future you want to remove the option, you have to move the firmware back to the original SD card. If you format or write to the SD card in any way on a computer, the MFP will no longer recognize it as a firmware card. The only exception is the JAVA VM card. You are allowed to upgrade the VM firmware on a PC using Ricoh's update utility. If you try to just copy the update to the VM card without using the update utility, the card becomes useless.

Technician

Thanks For giving me Instruction regarding this subject.
    Thanks to all.