Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Metis DF 3090 J-001 permanent

Hi there!
    Customer calls jam in the feederīs not going away. Iīm looking at the feeder, no paper, no dust, really nothing. Input-check - all sensors & switches work, but the jamīs not going away!!! Custmer has 3 Metis, so i changed the DFīs - problem is now at the other machine! Changed (only for test) the pwb - problem still there!
    My mood was down on the ground, but then i remembered the last Ricoh-Newsletter: J-001 at the DF 1030/Griffin(), caused by the stamp-holder. Ripped of the plate on the underside and found the situation from pic1. After pushing the dam... holder to the left (pic2) - the jamīs gone! The part shown in pic3 blocked the actuator off the exit-sensor when the holder is on the right side (pic1).
    The only thing i didnīt find out is how the holder was out of position, cause the customer didnt even know, that thereīs a stamp in the DF, or that the plate can be ripped off.
    I hope this will help.
    Greetings...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Metis DF 3090 J-001 permanent

Re: Metis DF 3090 J-001 permanent

I would say that someone was playing.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I've had the same issue, there is now a advisory on the knowledge tier 2 site....
    I've started to tape them in place on the underside!
    point to note.. There is now a rtb for jams on this df regarding the set sensor causing jams..

Regards

PhilPirie

Red face Re: Metis DF 3090 J-001 permanent

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Customer calls jam in the feederīs not going away. Iīm looking at the feeder, no paper, no dust, really nothing. Input-check - all sensors & switches work, but the jamīs not going away!!! Custmer has 3 Metis, so i changed the DFīs - problem is now at the other machine! Changed (only for test) the pwb - problem still there!
    My mood was down on the ground, but then i remembered the last Ricoh-Newsletter: J-001 at the DF 1030/Griffin(), caused by the stamp-holder. Ripped of the plate on the underside and found the situation from pic1. After pushing the dam... holder to the left (pic2) - the jamīs gone! The part shown in pic3 blocked the actuator off the exit-sensor when the holder is on the right side (pic1).
    The only thing i didnīt find out is how the holder was out of position, cause the customer didnt even know, that thereīs a stamp in the DF, or that the plate can be ripped off.
    I hope this will help.
    Greetings...
    Just used your tip on a MPC 3004 DF 3090 which was getting intermittent jams at JAM 01 and JAM 67. Thanks for posting.