Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mp6002 jamming in adf only in scanner mode

Re: mp6002 jamming in adf only in scanner mode

Well I've fixed mine! It was rather serendipitous mistake but it did the job!
    When I first started fighting this problem I tried Dayer's suggestion and reduced the tension on the lower drive belt and it made no difference so I went looking for further issues. At Tech Supports suggestion I changed the Skew Correction Roller and the Pre-Scanning Roller with little enthusiasm as I've changed them before on another copier with no success. Then I put it all back together and, bugger me, it works!!
    Since its now 4 PM on Friday arvo I just praised the photocopier gods and think myself lucky I'm going to get to go home on time for once. That was until I went to put the rear cover on the DF and discovered I hadn't put the belt tension spring back on, replace spring and... oh bugger, its jamming again! Reduce tension on the belt by half and it still jams, no tension at all and it runs perfectly!!
    I can only assume that the motor isn't getting up to speed quickly enough when under load and it isn't turning the lower roller within the required millisecond time frame. I've ordered a new motor and will report on the results soon.
    Last edited by Lagonda; 11-23-2014 at 11:23 PM.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Well I've fixed mine! It was rather serendipitous mistake but it did the job!
    When I first started fighting this problem I tried Dayer's suggestion and reduced the tension on the lower drive belt and it made no difference so I went looking for further issues. At Tech Supports suggestion I changed the Skew Correction Roller and the Pre-Scanning Roller with little enthusiasm as I've changed them before on another copier with no success. Then I put it all back together and, bugger me, it works!!
    Since its now 4 PM on Friday arvo I just praised the photocopier gods and think myself lucky I'm going to get to go home on time for once. That was until I went to put the rear cover on the DF and discovered I hadn't put the belt tension spring back on, replace spring and... oh bugger, its jamming again! Reduce tension on the belt by half and it still jams, no tension at all and it runs perfectly!!
    I can only assume that the motor isn't getting up to speed quickly enough and it isn't turning the lower roller within the required millisecond time frame. I've ordered a new motor and will report on the results soon.
    Bugger,.....
    Had a dynamic fault ADF in an MPC5000. Had the top cover off watching smoke coming off the PCB motor drive IC chip.
    When all of a sudden, "bang" I cleaned up peices of integrated chip ceramics from off the ceiling and where ever.
    I new it was my lucky day because I found the problem. New controller PCB and all went well from then on.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

I had an interesting conversation with Ricoh tech support, The tech I spoke with said he had seen this issue and him and a coworker researched this issue and came up with a solution.

They narrowed it down to either the ADF registration sensor, sensor harness, or IPU. The test machine in house was cured by replacing these parts and they have had excellent results in the field.

Per this recommendation I ordered these 3 parts and swapped them out yesterday on my 7502. Ran 10 scans and got a jam.

Back to square 1. Im very interested to see if the motor Lagonda is going to replace is going to improve/fix his machine. I often wondered if it was a slow motor/pressure issue.
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

About that motor....

We have already replaced the motor on our machine to no effect. Still waiting on the harness so nothing else helpful

I've already tried the upper cover harness, no affect what so ever! Still waiting for a motor to arrive.

Can every tech that's battling this problem please escalate it to their local Ricoh Technical Support? If enough of us whinge about it, it might get back to Japan and hopefully a solution will be found.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I don't know about how Ricoh-UK does things but here in the US, I can request a hot ticket from tech support and we can then get the Regional Service to come out and help us.

Exclamation Re: mp6002 jamming in adf only in scanner mode

I had a newly installed machine adf jamming. I found the brown top cover of the adf was really loose. It popped off in my hand. It turns out, the tabs that hold the top cover on , broke off and fell down into the lower adf guide. They put pressure on the idle rollers from behind, causing issues. I removed the lower guide and split it apart. That's when the brown tabs fell out. I put it back together and it ran fine. A little adhesive now holds the top cover on. Watch those delivery guys.

A New Motor Did the Trick!

The new motor finally arrived today, fitted it and tensioned all the belts correctly and it didn't miss a beat. Tried all dpi settings, single and duplex, copy and scan and it ran perfectly.

Motor part no. B477 3721 and its the one that drives the lower forwarding rollers and the white transport belt.

I have tried changing that motor earlier but only had a s/h one and as it didn't make any difference it must have been crook as well.

I have had a few 28 , 33 ppm machines do a similar thing . I ended up replacing the paper present sensor on the adf table and all problems disappeared. Why ? Don't know ..too busy to think about it ....just glad it worked .

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    A New Motor Did the Trick!

The new motor finally arrived today, fitted it and tensioned all the belts correctly and it didn't miss a beat. Tried all dpi settings, single and duplex, copy and scan and it ran perfectly.

Motor part no. B477 3721 and its the one that drives the lower forwarding rollers and the white transport belt.

I have tried changing that motor earlier but only had a s/h one and as it didn't make any difference it must have been crook as well.

Are you still running with no problems? We have an MP 6002 doing the same thing.