Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: mp6002 jamming in adf only in scanner mode

If you can move the white belt both ways the plastic housing is broke..............

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp6002 jamming in adf only in scanner mode

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    I'm testing using Kano Kroil Penetrating Oil because WD-40 has a tendency to dry out after awhile.
    Both Kano Kroil, the oil that creeps, and Marvel Mystery Oil are amazing cleaner lubricants in that they nor only do not leave a lacquer film when they dry but will dissolve the film left by WD-40 or 3 in 1 oil. Both will also penetrate and free up rusted or corrupted threads on screws, bolts and nuts might take a while, but if you need to get something loose they are worth a try. For just oiling when you do not yet have a filming problem, Singer sewing machine oil is good as is watch oil.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

has anyone come up with a permanent solution for this? i have change resolution and set mixed originals. other than customer complaining of too slow, it is eating paper still just on scans.

i have read thru this thread and see where different things were change but no success.

customer still has a year lease on this thing.

thanks

If I remember right, we ended up fixing ours by changing the main ADF motor and poof!
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

Quote Originally Posted by MitchD View Post
    If I remember right, we ended up fixing ours by changing the main ADF motor and poof!
    ok thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MitchD View Post
    which one are you calling main adf motor, i see a paper feed motor, scanning motor, and a stepper motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayer View Post
    I have a mp6002 jamming in the adf only when scanning a doc to a folder or scan to email. The adf works fine in copy mode or adf free run in sp. When the doc is sent the pick assy all works fine but none of the other roller engage! Actions so far are tested off the network and to aUSB stick but still same result, memory clear on the scaner application, latest firmware installed, checked all the conections at the back, reformat HDD, reseated memory cards. When tested from the platon glass it works fine. It seems like a communication fault only when scanning but I don't get why it works fine in copy mode as its getting the data the same way. Any ideas welcome and I'm in contact with Ricoh UK to see what they can come up with.
    Had the same problem. Replaced DF timing pulleys D4121661 and D4121662 seems to have solved the issue.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I have the same issue. I can never make it jam while copying. I found a way to cause the problem is by starting a copy job and then hit the stop button. Then when it asks to cancel or resume I hit cancel and then it jams 6 out of 10 times. The lower rollers do not turn but the upper feed in rollers do. Then the original gets all messed up and wrinkled. I have tried firmware and adf board. Next I will try a motor. Has anyone found a fix for this problem yet. Sounds like maybe a software issue and ricoh may need to make an update. I just don't want to go through the process of replacing a motor if I don't have to. Thanks for any input. Customer is getting upset messing up their originals. Some are important documents they are scanning and cant be replaced.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AMS View Post
    I have the same issue. I can never make it jam while copying. I found a way to cause the problem is by starting a copy job and then hit the stop button. Then when it asks to cancel or resume I hit cancel and then it jams 6 out of 10 times. The lower rollers do not turn but the upper feed in rollers do. Then the original gets all messed up and wrinkled. I have tried firmware and adf board. Next I will try a motor. Has anyone found a fix for this problem yet. Sounds like maybe a software issue and ricoh may need to make an update. I just don't want to go through the process of replacing a motor if I don't have to. Thanks for any input. Customer is getting upset messing up their originals. Some are important documents they are scanning and cant be replaced.
    Scan to the HDD in the scanner program at 100DPI and the ADF will feed at max speed which may allow you to reproduce the problem better.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AMS View Post
    We have had extreme luck with cleaning and lubing all bushings,bearings and one ways you can find on entire adf