Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

mp6002 jamming in adf only in scanner mode

I have a mp6002 jamming in the adf only when scanning a doc to a folder or scan to email. The adf works fine in copy mode or adf free run in sp. When the doc is sent the pick assy all works fine but none of the other roller engage! Actions so far are tested off the network and to aUSB stick but still same result, memory clear on the scaner application, latest firmware installed, checked all the conections at the back, reformat HDD, reseated memory cards. When tested from the platon glass it works fine. It seems like a communication fault only when scanning but I don't get why it works fine in copy mode as its getting the data the same way. Any ideas welcome and I'm in contact with Ricoh UK to see what they can come up with.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

Re: mp6002 jamming in adf only in scanner mode

What is the original jam code?

Technician

Was this scan problem ever resolved? If so, what was the fix? I have one doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by K-man View Post
    Was this scan problem ever resolved? If so, what was the fix? I have one doing the same thing.
    What does the Logging Data say?

maknippa

i have the same issue, scanner only jams. my jams are saying 006 and 007. Alternating randomly for both but mainly registration is what comes up. Adf free run never jams ,copy mode never jams or does the doc server app, only when you are in scanner mode and will jam first page every time and always within half a inch of registration sensor. Adf input /output everything tests working. firmware has been done as well as siob per ricoh and adf pwb today.

I have a MP7502 doing this exact same thing. I have swapped ADF board, harness, cleared scanner memory, updated firmware, and oiled everything and it still does it only in scan mode and only first page. Very annoying.

MP7502.jpg
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Just a guess, it could be a paper size or type setting. At least that's what the picture kind of looks like.
    If that wasn't just a scanning problem I'd tell you to look at the one way on the roller underneath the wrinkle on the sheet of paper in the picture. And maybe the other one ways on the rollers downstream from that roller. And probably the drive belts and motors as well. But as you described this that can't possibly be the problem here.

maknippa

Ok little up date from what I've seen and done, did all feed shafts minus transition roller on back order still from ricoh. Did all suggestions from ricoh, adf board and sensors, siob they even wanted iph, controller hdd and bcu replaced and all firmware did firmware first. It's related to timing and the speed of the scanner app and adf . Adf free run never jams and everything else is good but timing, I was able to test with a different feeder and works fine.i have the two motors on order to see but my guess is secondary drive after adf take up hands off to rest of the adf. Ricoh says doc server and scanner app run at wide open and only copy mode is slightly slower to allow main body to catch up. Trying to get details of speed and timing flow charts for copy, doc server and scan to smb. I will follow up with more information as I have it.
    Last edited by maknippa; 06-25-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Hi

I've got. similar error on a MP C3002 jamming in Adf (last sheet) when using scan to me.
    No jam when copy or scan to mail. It was the sensor (half moon shaped) in the adf tray failing.

Hi , I have the exact same problem with faxing only , the machine is fine on copying etc but on faxing jams in ADF reg rollers ? , with very similar results to the other posts, tried firmware upgrades re fax etc.

Getting jams codes at 7505-01 ,03,04,05,07,53,54,56 ,which are most of the sensors in feeder, any ideas