AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    MP CW2200

MP CW2200

Looking for feedback on this wide format inkjet from Ricoh : MP CW2200
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: MP CW2200

well, what do you wonna know?

I have a couple of them in the field, they run pretty good.
    If you're looking for great image quality or printjobs on special media, then there's better stuff out there.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    MP CW2200

Is it a Ricoh engine or is it the Epson engine Ricoh used a few years back?? Had a customer inquire about these and I've never seen one...............
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP CW2200

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Is it a Ricoh engine or is it the Epson engine Ricoh used a few years back?? Had a customer inquire about these and I've never seen one...............
    The Epson engines that Ricoh used a few years ago were the Stylist Pro 7700 and 9700.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The Epson engines that Ricoh used a few years ago were the Stylist Pro 7700 and 9700.
    the Epsons are really good machines, very nice quality. The MPCw 2200 is a ricoh engine, same GW controller as the other Ricoh machines.

Now we have the Ricoh "Mariage", latex printer, in fact it is a Mimaki engine, altough the printhead is Ricoh manufactered, great machine if you wonna print on special media like canvas...

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    No it is not Epson, it is all Ricoh, I have a couple of machines in the field, had one call so far in 6 mos., black print head needed purging and it was fine, seems to run OK and good thing as it doesn't appear very service friendly !

andiamo

I have to put my 2 cents in on this one with the headache we've had with this printer. First off it is a workhorse we've been using it "against my recommendation to my boss" as our main plotter printing every set that goes out of our office. So in the six months that we've owned it we have run 49953 s.f. of black and white and 2902 s.f. of color prints through it. We have only had one breakdown and it was because we somehow got a blemish on our cutting blade. They had to replace it and we were back in business. But the problem that has haunted us since we purchased it. The paper catch tray is a nightmare. I would have not bought the machine had I known it was such a nightmare. It sits now like a broken childs toy in pieces. I have complained to Lanier and the Supplier and they just don't care. I would find a different machine for the simple reason that they took no time to design the paper catch tray. Other companies have figured it out I don't understand why they couldn't.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

We've had a few in the field for about a year or so now.

The only calls we have had was to go and update the firmware to fix a possible ink ejection issue and help the customer with some print driver settings.

We were initially a little concerned that the print heads would constantly clog up like on the smaller GX machines, but we have not had any print quality related problems to date.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andiamo View Post
    I have to put my 2 cents in on this one with the headache we've had with this printer. First off it is a workhorse we've been using it "against my recommendation to my boss" as our main plotter printing every set that goes out of our office. So in the six months that we've owned it we have run 49953 s.f. of black and white and 2902 s.f. of color prints through it. We have only had one breakdown and it was because we somehow got a blemish on our cutting blade. They had to replace it and we were back in business. But the problem that has haunted us since we purchased it. The paper catch tray is a nightmare. I would have not bought the machine had I known it was such a nightmare. It sits now like a broken childs toy in pieces. I have complained to Lanier and the Supplier and they just don't care. I would find a different machine for the simple reason that they took no time to design the paper catch tray. Other companies have figured it out I don't understand why they couldn't.

true to that, i remember my first installation, did 4 hours for the main engine, and another 2 hours to figure out how to assemble the catch tray
    Had a call last week from a customer who complained that large files cannot be printed trough the USB port (print from usb stick) witch is also an issue on other ricoh's, but just the day before there was a new firmware relaese to solve that problem, and it worked!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

+1

not a bad machine, if only they would design the scanner and machine as ONE UNIT! What in the world does it have to be 2 frames and offset on top of it all! A full install takes 5 hours?? A similar HP is up and running in less than 2!

I also had visions about the GX horror of old but was assured that it is an all new system..... only time will tell.
    Press the GREEN button!!