Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh C2050 jam 18

Ricoh C2050 jam 18

This code means the paper is not getting to the fuser entrance sensor, the sensor is located in the PTR assy and the complete assy was replaced.
    The symptoms are the paper buckles but does not pass the registration sensor. If I look at the reg sensor in input mode, the sensor is off, then when the paper stops, the sensor is on. I then switch to output mode and turn on the reg motor, paper goes all the way thru to the fuser section, then I look at the reg sensor and it is off. This jam happens sometimes on single copy sometimes on 2 copies in multicopy. And the scenario is always the same.
    I am thinking a board, but which one, as the motor and sensor always work in test mode.
    The reg sw and the entrance sw are on the BCU and the reg motor is on the DRB, but could it be the contoller? Inputs welcome.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Re: Ricoh C2050 jam 18

I have replaced a faulty board on a MPC2050 before because it was not supplying the correct voltage to the reg motor.

It's meant to 24v (appox) but the multi-meter reading I was getting was down around 14v.

Anyway I confirmed the fault by measuring another working MPC2050 and that one measured over 20v.

It would jam fairly intermittently as it would appear 14v was enough to get the reg motor moving most of the time.
    When it did jam the paper would stop or buckle at the reg roller and it would be difficult to manually turn the reg roller.
    It felt like a gear or a gear tooth was stuck, but what was actually happening was the reg motor was locking up.

Out of all the MPC2050's we have in the field, I've only ever had this problem once (so far anyway).
    Last edited by Cipher; 03-27-2014 at 09:40 PM.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh C2050 jam 18

Re: Ricoh C2050 jam 18

Thanks for the reply, I am leaning towards a board. But this seems more like a timing issue. In my case I can run the motor without a problem, even loaded with a sheet of crumpled paper. I dont know where the operation takes place, in the BICU or the Controller. I have replace both boards but usually because the machine wont finish an initialization.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+