Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    buttalasso

MPC3002 doesn't turn on

Hi everybody,
    my client copier had a power loss, than the machine doesn't turn on.
    When I turn on the machine, it show me the waiting page and remain in it ever. The only strange thing I've heard is an internittent buzz on the AC CONTROL BOARD D1445197.
    I suppose it is the problem.
    Anyone can tell me more?

Thanks in advance

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: MPC3002 doesn't turn on

A crashed HDD is the most probable cause. Most of the times the machine will eventually display a HDD SC if you wait long enough. The sounds you hear from the Power Supply are normal.

Technician
    Unplug the HDD and then power it up. See if that works. If it does, throw any HDD of similar specs into it. Dont buy the "ricoh recomended" one. You will pay 5x the price for the same HDD from newegg.com

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC3002 doesn't turn on

Quote Originally Posted by pattyboy7 View Post
    Unplug the HDD and then power it up. See if that works. If it does, throw any HDD of similar specs into it. Dont buy the "ricoh recomended" one. You will pay 5x the price for the same HDD from newegg.com
    Just look at the make and model of the old HDD and google that. If the HDD is not the problem, then the power outage might have taken the controller board.

buttalasso

Lightbulb Re: MPC3002 doesn't turn on

I left the power on button until an sc was displayed. The Machine return me the sc547.

Then I removed the Hard Disk, the RAM and theFAX; the machine returned me the sc672.

Any ideas?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC3002 doesn't turn on

Quote Originally Posted by buttalasso View Post
    I left the power on button until an sc was displayed. The Machine return me the sc547.

Then I removed the Hard Disk, the RAM and theFAX; the machine returned me the sc672.

Any ideas?
    Why did you remove the RAM? That is most likely cause for the SC 672, controller start up error, it has no RAM. If you checked your service manual you would know that SC 547 has nothing to do with HDD, FAX, or RAM. If you do not have a service manual, buy one from Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Why did you remove the RAM? That is most likely cause for the SC 672, controller start up error, it has no RAM. If you checked your service manual you would know that SC 547 has nothing to do with HDD, FAX, or RAM. If you do not have a service manual, buy one from Paul.
    When I read his post saying that he removed the ram I was like "Why the F***K did you remove the ram...lol....u beat me to the response Slim

buttalasso

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

If the controller respond me with the correct sc it works, no bad controller. It is wrong?