Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aficio 1050

joe m.

Aficio 1050

When I power up my machine it some times just keeps recycling itself and
    takes a long time to get to the ready mode.
    Then when I try to scan over 10 sheets 2 sided it just locks up on me...I had an error code of SC990 and SC601. Any ideas on what to do?

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe m. View Post
    Then when I try to scan over 10 sheets 2 sided it just locks up on me...I had an error code of SC990 and SC601. Any ideas on what to do?
    Are you talking about a 1055 (55cpm Mojito C2), 1060 (60cpm Martini C1) or 1105? (105cpm Bellini C1)

There is no 1050.

But as all of these machines are relatively similar I'll have a bash.

On the Mojito (Aficio 1055) SC601 refers to a communication error between the MCU and BICU,

On the Martini (Aficio 1060) SC601 refers to a communication error between the Scanner Unit and the BICU

On the Bellini (Aficio 1105) SC601 refers to a communication error between the SICU and SBU

SC990 is pretty much a Ricoh copier's answer to Microsoft's famous "This Program Has Performed An Illegal Operation" dialog box. It crops up alongside a variety of other symptoms and a variety of other SC codes, basically it's the copier saying "Does Not Compute!!"

Depending on precisely what model you have I'd investigate the harnesses between the relevant boards. Check recent service history to see if another tech has been the back recently (i.e For SC495, which involves poking around near the boards on all three of those machines)

Failing that, one of the boards might have gone pop and need a replacement.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts
    Oh I forgot to mention.

If you aren't a tech, then you aren't going to be able to fix this problem.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie1981 View Post
    Are you talking about a 1055 (55cpm Mojito C2), 1060 (60cpm Martini C1) or 1105? (105cpm Bellini C1)

There is no 1050.

But as all of these machines are relatively similar I'll have a bash.

On the Mojito (Aficio 1055) SC601 refers to a communication error between the MCU and BICU,

On the Martini (Aficio 1060) SC601 refers to a communication error between the Scanner Unit and the BICU

On the Bellini (Aficio 1105) SC601 refers to a communication error between the SICU and SBU

SC990 is pretty much a Ricoh copier's answer to Microsoft's famous "This Program Has Performed An Illegal Operation" dialog box. It crops up alongside a variety of other symptoms and a variety of other SC codes, basically it's the copier saying "Does Not Compute!!"

Depending on precisely what model you have I'd investigate the harnesses between the relevant boards. Check recent service history to see if another tech has been the back recently (i.e For SC495, which involves poking around near the boards on all three of those machines)

Failing that, one of the boards might have gone pop and need a replacement.
    oillie there is a AF1050 its the faster version of the AF850 both models mostly got modded years back so i doubt you will have seen them.

A294 Bellini-a Aficio 850 D485 / 2885 / 3285 D485 2885 3285 5485 4850MF A295 Bellini-b Aficio 1050 D4105 / 28105 / 32105 D4105 28105 32105 5505 4105MF

For what it is i go along with what you say

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    oillie there is a AF1050 its the faster version of the AF850 both models mostly got modded years back so i doubt you will have seen them.

A294 Bellini-a Aficio 850 D485 / 2885 / 3285 D485 2885 3285 5485 4850MF A295 Bellini-b Aficio 1050 D4105 / 28105 / 32105 D4105 28105 32105 5505 4105MF

For what it is i go along with what you say
    Haha you're right! Can't see for looking!

The fault is going to be around the SICU area, looking through the service manual however shows that the SICU connects to the Hard Disk drives, as Joe M mentions that the copier takes forever to come to ready and the fault occurs when scanning 10 or more duplex originals I'm leaning towards maybe a hard drive fault.

I've never actually seen a Bellini c1 in the wild as of yet. Most of the major account customers who have these high volume leviathans have had them upgraded some time ago either to a Bellini c2 or a Katana.

joe m.

AFicio 1050 again

OK so now I can print some copies....never consistant amount sometimes 5 sometimes 205 etc....then I get a Toner bank motor code! The motor works just fine....some techs suggested a broken wire? could that be?
    Should I check each wire going to the toner bank?
    Or should I try purchasing a new toner bank altogether?
    HELP!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Aficio 1050

I would reload firmware on install earlier version.

Then reformat the hard drive.
    I would spend $50.00 on a used hard drive to troubleshoot.
    Reformat it and see if it works.

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    then I get a Toner bank motor code! The motor works just fine....
    Toner reclaim or Development Drive Motor?

If the code is a SC495, Too much load on the toner reclaim motor, then I suggest dropping the main board down and taken a look at the small black gear that gives drive to the reclaim clutch. It will have a narrow black drive belt going from the gear to the clutch assembly of the toner reclaim unit. This gear is notorious for shearing! If it has sheared or is starting to shear, then replace it and remove the reclaim unit (loosely refered to as "The Pistol" in our shop because you want to shoot something when you have to clean it!) and clean out any packed toner in there.

The dev drive motor is pretty much known to crap out on these older models at just about any point in time. I think the code for it is 440 or something. I can't really recall it at this time. It will either lock up the drive system causing a main motor lock (I think that's why the 440 is sticking out at me) or it will create a constant add toner condition, which you have not mentioned.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Aficio 1050

495 check the magnetic slip clutch on the WTB auger drive.(in the toner bank). As for the hard drives I yank them then put them in an external caddie and run the disk utilities for that brand disk. Fixes some and confirms death on others. Also sometimes the copier dosen't like a disk but it will work in a PC.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Old Retired IKON Drudge

Hard Drive, I would imagine.

Doc