Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Jaycat718's Avatar

Ricoh MP4002 curling pages under the transfer belt???

Ok guys,

So today they sent me to replace the following parts from another techs call on a Ricoh MP4002: D0092612,D0092624. Supposedly the machine could not work without jamming.
    After i replaced the parts mentioned, the machine jams from trays 2-4. If you feed from tray 1 or the bypass they both work flawlessly.
    feeding from trays 2-4 the pages curl under the transfer belt assembly on the door. now if you look at the transfer assembly, it looks like it is crooked when the door is opened.
    i thought that it would be corrected once the door is closed??? The belt assembly is fine on the left side where it hooks into, but the right side has nothing to hook into, so it is just hanging there.

I wonder what could be causing this? No paper gets through from 2-4. but i dont think replacing the transfer belt assembly is going to do much good either. the registration sensor was not changed, only the guide plates.

I couldnt take a picture since it is too dark, and my phone camera is too bright! thus creating a horrible image. Any ideas?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP4002 curling pages under the transfer belt???

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycat718 View Post
    Ok guys,

So today they sent me to replace the following parts from another techs call on a Ricoh MP4002: D0092612,D0092624. Supposedly the machine could not work without jamming.
    After i replaced the parts mentioned, the machine jams from trays 2-4. If you feed from tray 1 or the bypass they both work flawlessly.
    feeding from trays 2-4 the pages curl under the transfer belt assembly on the door. now if you look at the transfer assembly, it looks like it is crooked when the door is opened.
    i thought that it would be corrected once the door is closed??? The belt assembly is fine on the left side where it hooks into, but the right side has nothing to hook into, so it is just hanging there.

I wonder what could be causing this? No paper gets through from 2-4. but i dont think replacing the transfer belt assembly is going to do much good either. the registration sensor was not changed, only the guide plates.

I couldnt take a picture since it is too dark, and my phone camera is too bright! thus creating a horrible image. Any ideas?
    Is the dust collector still there on the registration rollers, if this is missing it will cause jamming
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

yes the dust collector is still there. if you use tray 1 or the bypass it works perfectly.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

yes the dust collector is still there. if you use tray 1 or the bypass it works perfectly.
    check the bottom pivots of the assembly.

Technician / Shop Manager 100+ Posts JonManchester's Avatar

Are you getting dog ears or paper creasing?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

D0092612,D0092624 what are those parts for? do you have a description for it?

Quote Originally Posted by kannuki2 View Post
    D0092612,D0092624 what are those parts for? do you have a description for it?

D0092612- Case supporter
    D0092624- Lower guide plate.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

That kind of sounds like the machine is detecting wrong paper sizes from trays 2 through 4. That's where the paper would likely stop if that was the case, anyway.

Paper settings are correct. 8 1/2 by 11 Plain 20lb stock. paper guides in the tray are also set correctly.

Ok guys,

I couldn't take a picture since it is too dark, and my phone camera is too bright! thus creating a horrible image. Any ideas?

If Machine does not have any issue from Tray 1 and By Pass as you mentioned then you should be looking the guide plates or Mylars in Vertical transport section,if you can't find anything wrong in that section just try to interchange or clean Paper feed Clutches for Tray 2,3 and 4.
    sometimes those Clutches gets rusty and can lead to Paper Jamming !

Hope that helps! good luck