Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    copierman 250+ Posts
    MPC 7501 hdd failure (sc863) and JAVA

Hi all,
    I was called to this machine today with sc 863.

I removed sd card from slot and installed my sd card to backup the address book before formatting the hdd.

On power up the machine worked fine with no sc codes.

The problem is that the machine had a java app that works with biometrics and is now not working.

It says install extended feature and when i go into extended feature settings it says java is starting and thats it.

Has data been removed when i formatted the hdd?

Any help appreciated.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: MPC 7501 hdd failure (sc863) and JAVA

The app could have been installed on the HDD and not the Java card. Certain versions of PCC and IBS barcode software work this way.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

copierman 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    The app could have been installed on the HDD and not the Java card. Certain versions of PCC and IBS barcode software work this way.
    Thanks for the prompt reply, is it ok to back up the address book and remove the vmcard to put in my sd card?

Im a bit clueless on this particular installation as a third party installed this app and the machines have small pcs attached to the back of them that works in conjunction with the app.

I will contact the company, abit of a shame that they dont leave the card so i can install it.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Easiest way to back up the address book is via WIM. There shouldn't be any problem doing it with an SD card though.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Ricoh recommends that prior to removing the JAVA card you go into Extended Features and stop JAVA. Failure too do this on some machines can crash the controller. Prior to reformatting the HDD I usually check with the customer as to what they might have saved on it. Goose's guide says to first try formatting only the IMH (Image Handling) portion SP 5832-002.