Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ricoh 8001sp

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh 8001sp

Ricoh 8001sp

Tandem drawer jams at reg. rollers and kicks down B2 guide plate. Removed feed unit and cleaned one way bearings and shafts and replaced p/f/s rollers, no help. Cleaned all rely/transport rollers, one ways and sensors. Drawers two and three feed fine. Played around with guide plates at reg.rollers, seem to remember this caused similar problem on a mp5500. Any help appreciated, going back tomorrow. This customer has little patience! Thanks...

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 8001sp

Re: Ricoh 8001sp

Try swapping the first feed unit with one of the other trays. If the problem moves with the feed unit, the problem is in the feed unit.

You did not tell us what the jam code was. This is the first thing to know when trying to fix jamming. If it is a one way gear, TSB 018r has a table that will tell which one to replace base on the jam code (8,9,10, and 12). If it is a J53, replace the torque limiter.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh 8001sp

Thanks for the reply, the majority of the jams codes are 12. I guess I wasn't thinking straight as it never occured to me to swap the unit. I can't find that technical bulletin anywhere, there is a TSB18 but I have seen 018r. Any chance of getting that from you somehow?? Thank again.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

You have cleaned all the paper dust that's probably covering the reg sensor that's under the metal plate under the dev unit right?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh 8001sp

Yes and there was a lot of it. Cleaned reg rollers also. Again, drawers 2 and 3 work ok.

Are you leaking Developer? If so, replace all one-ways in feadhead.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh 8001sp

No dv leaking. Does replacing all one way bearings usually cure that? How about sensors too?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

Check the vertical plate. Make sure the relay rollers have enough pressure to feed the paper.Had it a few times now where the plate was warped or the locking mechanism was bent.If memory serves me well there are two sets. The top may be ok but the bottom once not.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh 8001sp

Are you talking about the metal guide plates with mylar strips on them? They look ok, I tried forming them one way then the other. The lead edge of the paper gets into the nip of the reg rollers so if you turn the rollers the paper advances forward evenly.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

What's the condition of gears anyway?
    Happened more than once that waste toner bottle sensors fail and owerflow on pick-up gears.
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?