Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ricoh MPC 4000

Ricoh MPC 4000

Hi ,i have problem with Ricoh MPC 4000,LCD working well but backlight not working.I cannot find solution.I change BICU,PSU,Controller and IOB from the good one, and now on bott mashines LCD backlight not working. Please,has anyone suggestion!!

Dirty toner monkey 50+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC 4000

Re: Ricoh MPC 4000

Thought about changing the control panel

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

It's probably the Polygon Mirror Motor. Remove the connector of the Polygon Mirror Motor and switch on. Chances are that the display will light up and display an SC.

Quote Originally Posted by marindam View Post
    Hi ,i have problem with Ricoh MPC 4000,LCD working well but backlight not working.I cannot find solution.I change BICU,PSU,Controller and IOB from the good one, and now on bott mashines LCD backlight not working. Please,has anyone suggestion!!
    Sorry I forgot to wright, I also change control panel. I"ll try with polygon miror motor, then I"ll got back to you!
    Thanks guys!

Technician

Log in WIM and see if it shows SC202, if it does you'll have to change BICU and Polygon Motor

trottinbob

There was a Tech Bulletin on this problem - The LCD is blank when machine recovers from Energy Save or Sleep Mode. It can sometimes cause the LCD board to short out. Ricoh issued a firmware update to address this problem -- LCDC firmware 1.09. So I would update all of this machines firmware to the latest and greatest. If the display does not come back then you need to replace the LCD display itself.
    If it comes down to this I can help you out and sell you the LCD ( D0091498 ) . Ricoh D0091498 LCD Assembly for MP 4000 MP 5000 LCD TFT:W-VGA D009-1498

This problem was in both the MPC4000 and the MP4000 and they use the same part number.