Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

RPCS driver with newer models

I've got a customer that finally needs to retire a trusty old 1515. I've sourced them an MP 171, but they're gotten spoiled by the features that the RPCS driver offers. Has anyone tried using RPCS with one of the newer machines? There is an RPCS firmware module for the model, but no driver has ever been released. Before I go and commit to something I haven't tested I wanted to see if anyone else has had any luck with this.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: RPCS driver with newer models

You could use an MP161 RPCS driver with this, I can't see the controllers being that different.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

That makes sense. For most of my Linux hosts I've had to do the same with 171's and PostScript drivers. I'll test tonight and let everyone know what happens.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

This should work without problems. You can use old Ricoh drivers to use with newer models. I have a customer that uses an MP C2500 RPCS-driver to print to an MP C3002, beacuse this driver has an option to print page 1 from tray 2, page 2 from tray 3, and page 3 from tray 4. He also uses this driver for a few SP5200SPF machines and it works fine.

I did a basic test in the office last night, the MP 161 RPCS driver will work, but it looks like not all of the functions are completely supported. For instance, I can print a page with copy protection, but I can make a perfectly good copy of that page. Since this could be a feature that would help them (legal firm), I'll have to do a little more digging and see if I can get the feature to work by tweaking settings here and there.