Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Ricoh MP 2550 SC 552

First this POS kept throwing a SC551. I'd reset it and it would work for days. Than only for a couple of hours. I changed both thermistors and it ran for four days and now has a SC552 that won't reset. I checked the fuser and everything is ok. All thermal fuses and lamps have continuity. What could it be now, a power supply problem? Is this common for this box? First and last used Ricoh I'll ever sell. The fuser bearings have fallen out, the developer gears ground to a halt, the toner hopper leaked all over everything, the RADF screeches with every paper fed. I'd use it for an anchor but it would probably float.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP 2550 SC 552

SC551 could be a problem in the Power Supply. SC552 is a problem with the Thermistors or the Fusing Lamps. Be sure to check the connectors on the Fusing Unit and on the machine.

This model has sometimes problems with the Development Unit. Leaking developer is causing the gears to wear. Best thing to do is to replace the Development Unit Case, Developer, Development Roller Gear, and the Idle Gear.

The screeching noise in the ADF is caused by the Feed Belt and the Reverse Roller. If you replace both (and the Pickup Roller if necessary) the problem is gone.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 2550 SC 552

Lightbulb Re: Ricoh MP 2550 SC 552

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $14.77 and downloaded immediately from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Apparently one of the new thermistors is faulty. It worked for a couple of days. I'm going to swap them around and see if the error changes. If it does, that's my answer. Thanks for your input. I have already changed all the parts you have mentioned. The RADF was quiet for about a week, then went right back to screeching. I bought a whole new drum unit and replaced that when the DV went. The fuser bearing has slipped out twice and doesn't fuse properly when it does. I had to replace the toner unit because it would dump toner everywhere. Now this is going on. What a dog!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The fuser bearing slipping out is caused be a plastic part of the case is broken. This piece is at the back bearing, it will allow the hot roller to move forward (toward the front) and it will take out the thermostats.
    Check that closely and you will need to replace the bottom half of the fuser.

Cameron