Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jcrayne

Re:Lanier 6713 Copier synch problem

Thank you for your help and response. The parts are on order and should be in early next week

jcrayne

Since it is not an urgent situation, I decided just to replace the registration clutch only first. I finally received the registration clutch today and installed it.

The machine still has the same problem.

What should be the next step?

Thanks for your help.

jcrayne

I am still in need of a little Help.

Should I go ahead and change the feed clutch as well. The copier seems to work well one time and then be out of sych the next. Again, the first part of the print is blank for about 3~4 inches when it is out of synch. Seems to pick up the paper early.

Thanks

jcrayne wrote:
    Since it is not an urgent situation, I decided just to replace the registration clutch only first. I finally received the registration clutch today and installed it.

The machine still has the same problem.

What should be the next step?

Thanks for your help.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

sorry you are having such problems but the reg. clutch was always our fix. paper feed clutch would give you misfeed problems. recheck every thing could you have new clutch in bind?
    lol
    jp

jcrayne

Thank you for your comments.

Are there any trouble shooting ideas to try?

I will double check the installation and the gears and mechanisms.

It troubles me that sometimes it does print normally(about 25~30% normal).

Thanks

jcrayne

One other note.

I did not notice the little silver spacer on the registration sensor as illustrated in the picture in this topic is missing on the one in my machine. Could it be that the sensor is hanging open causing the random registration problem?

Thank you for your comments.

jcrayne

I want to thank you for all of you help and suggestions.

I was able to resolve the problem once I figured out I changed out the wrong clutch. Initially I changed out the paper pickup clutch with the new one instead of replacing the synchronization clutch. They are identical and on the same side in the the copier. Once the new clutch was in the correct spot on the sychronization roller, the copier worked great.

This was definitely and beginner(idiot) mistake. If I have time I will post a picture of the assembly so others will not make the same mistake.

Again, thanks for your help.

Jack

Jerry

Might take a look at this. I worked on one of these today changing the two clutch\'s. When you make a copy watch the right side door where the paper makes the bend around toward the alinging roller. This door was popping open, useally this is a clutch not shutting off, but I found something eles. When you have the alinging section out of the copier, place something inside the side door to hold it open. Look inside and you will see plastic guide fingers. Everyone of these had paper cuts! I filed down the cuts following with scottch Brite. The door does not even move now making a copy! Also as mentioned, check that there are 3 springs under the cassette lift. Good luck

Technician

I am new to this board and this is my first reply to any post. I am glad you resolved your issue with the clutches. I just want to add that Lanier published a bulletin a long time ago about your problem and updated the original clutches. It was recommended to replace them as a pair. I still see these machines in the field occasionally, but in my experience I have seen those clutches go bad many times.

I met this problem 4 years ago with a Tosh 1360.Also change clutch without results.Finally I belive was a scanner problem.But customer bought a new copier .....