Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: RICOH MP2000L

  1. #1
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts +ve charge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    20

    Post RICOH MP2000L

    Hi Again... Pls help me out!
    I have activated user code on the MP2000L for Copying & Scanning for multiple users. Customer wants that their print outs generated from the computer to be retrievable from the copier only by entering the assigned user code. {at present, all print commands get printed directly}. Pls let me know how i am to enable this function Appreciate yr help. Thanks in advance.


  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    RICOH MP2000L

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,541
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: RICOH MP2000L

    Quote Originally Posted by +ve charge View Post
    Hi Again... Pls help me out!
    I have activated user code on the MP2000L for Copying & Scanning for multiple users. Customer wants that their print outs generated from the computer to be retrievable from the copier only by entering the assigned user code. {at present, all print commands get printed directly}. Pls let me know how i am to enable this function Appreciate yr help. Thanks in advance.
    It's the exact same.
    In "user authentication" you just have to add "printing", and then also go to each user in the address book and and select "printer" under "available functions".
    Then they'll have to input their code in the printer dialog box before each job - either under the "valid access" or "security" tab (depending on the driver)

    Edit: Just as an afterthought..... I've not dealt with the "L" version. Is it possible that authentication is not available for printing on this model? I'm sure someone will weigh in on that.....


  3. #3
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    6,882
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: RICOH MP2000L

    You have to use locked print for this which is not available for the MP 2000. To check whether locked print is available on other machines:
    1. Download and install the driver
    2. Open Printing Preferences
    3. In Job Type, check to see if locked print is listed



  4. #4
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    6,882
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: RICOH MP2000L

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    It's the exact same.
    In "user authentication" you just have to add "printing", and then also go to each user in the address book and and select "printer" under "available functions".
    Then they'll have to input their code in the printer dialog box before each job - either under the "valid access" or "security" tab (depending on the driver)

    Edit: Just as an afterthought..... I've not dealt with the "L" version. Is it possible that authentication is not available for printing on this model? I'm sure someone will weigh in on that.....
    The "L" version does not have FAX. Valid access only restricts who can print. To force having to enter a separate user code and password at the MFP in order to print the job requires Locked Print.

    Sandmanmac, I was looking up locked print while you were posting.


  5. #5
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    RICOH MP2000L

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,541
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: RICOH MP2000L

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The "L" version does not have FAX. Valid access only restricts who can print. To force having to enter a separate user code and password at the MFP in order to print the job requires Locked Print.

    Sandmanmac, I was looking up locked print while you were posting.
    Thanks for the clarification Slim, I re-read the post and realized it was actually "Locked print" the poster was asking about, and not just adding 'authentication'.
    My bad...


  6. #6
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    6,882
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: RICOH MP2000L

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Slim, I re-read the post and realized it was actually "Locked print" the poster was asking about, and not just adding 'authentication'.
    My bad...
    It happens to all of us, especially as we get older.


  7. #7
    AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    RICOH MP2000L

    Tonerbomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bugaha
    Posts
    2,584
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: RICOH MP2000L

    since the PSG shows no hard drive available there would not be the option for locked print..............

    Mystic Crystal Revelations

  8. #8
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts +ve charge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: RICOH MP2000L

    Thank you gentlemen for yr comments.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here