Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OldMan

Re: New RICOH SP MODE CODE-read this

Quote Originally Posted by terramobil View Post
    As many times discussed, I think it's not a great idea to post these informations in a public forum. If you like to share such informations, you can write "instead of 107 use 806182" with no hint to the 'reset' or 'C' keys. Every trained technician then will know what you mean.
    For me it's in gray area, I am "new" Ricoh tech (39 years in fixing copiers so far) and sometimes this kinda stuff is very hard to find for the "new guys"

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    New RICOH SP MODE CODE-read this

Quote Originally Posted by OldMan View Post
    For me it's in gray area, I am "new" Ricoh tech (39 years in fixing copiers so far) and sometimes this kinda stuff is very hard to find for the "new guys"
    If you are with an authorized dealer you just have to ask your regional support person. Or just wait until you are sent to an instructor led training class where that information will be available from the instructor.

OldMan

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you are with an authorized dealer you just have to ask your regional support person. Or just wait until you are sent to an instructor led training class where that information will be available from the instructor.
    Thank you for your reply.

I have been to class and at a long time authorized dealer. With the mix of old and new Ricohs and the documentation is excellent for the most part. Just somethings are not to be found. I am primarily a Toshiba Tech but there are a few Ricohs in my county that I get sent. Basically, I have about 40 Ricoh calls under my belt over the last 18 months with about 650 toshiba calls in the same period. I don't see them that often so I rely a lot on manuals and Google and similar as I gain experience. Takes a lot of time to find stuff that other Ricoh techs take for granted for years. My old dealership was merged with a larger Ricoh Dealership about a year ago.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

it is sometimes hard to remember all of the service modes, the two normal modes talked about here, then special, also factory is needed once in a while, then the one to calibrate the screen. Am I missing any?

OldMan

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I believe I did a reply earlier, but I think the forum said that the Administrators have to review my post before posting. I will try again, perhaps I made a mistake in posting.

I did go to an instructor-led class a year ago and I do work for an well-established authorized dealer. The Ricoh documentation is very good, but with the many different models of Ricoh's, old and new. It is hard to find the information I need an a short period of time so I use as many resources as I can, Google, manuals, (I have over 20GB of Ricoh manuals) printcopy.com and very recently, this forum.

Due to the fact I am mainly a Toshiba Tech, I have in the last year, have had only 45 service calls on Ricoh's and 650+ calls on Toshiba's. I haven't had much practice to apply what I learned at school and as a result, some of the information is fading.

My company had merged with a much larger Dealership so I am working on gaining experience in Ricoh's. The information on particular methods of service access is very important in doing my job. What I learned in this thread is now in my phone for easy referral for the next time I need it. This is a great forum and I intend to contribute to the Toshiba space. Hopefully, censorship of information does not become the prevailing modus operandi here.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OldMan View Post
    I believe I did a reply earlier, but I think the forum said that the Administrators have to review my post before posting. I will try again, perhaps I made a mistake in posting.

I did go to an instructor-led class a year ago and I do work for an well-established authorized dealer. The Ricoh documentation is very good, but with the many different models of Ricoh's, old and new. It is hard to find the information I need an a short period of time so I use as many resources as I can, Google, manuals, (I have over 20GB of Ricoh manuals) printcopy.com and very recently, this forum.

Due to the fact I am mainly a Toshiba Tech, I have in the last year, have had only 45 service calls on Ricoh's and 650+ calls on Toshiba's. I haven't had much practice to apply what I learned at school and as a result, some of the information is fading.

My company had merged with a much larger Dealership so I am working on gaining experience in Ricoh's. The information on particular methods of service access is very important in doing my job. What I learned in this thread is now in my phone for easy referral for the next time I need it. This is a great forum and I intend to contribute to the Toshiba space. Hopefully, censorship of information does not become the prevailing modus operandi here.
    Often times the instructor will put out his/her contact information. If you have that you can usually get an answer back by emailing an instructor than from your regional rep.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    it is sometimes hard to remember all of the service modes, the two normal modes talked about here, then special, also factory is needed once in a while, then the one to calibrate the screen. Am I missing any?
    You have missed out SOP screen service mode and recovery mode.