Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician
    Baron Pro 8100/8110/8120

Re: Baron Pro 8100/8110/8120 Jam J049 and J050

Quote Originally Posted by houserman View Post
    Here are the setting in order to get rid of those 2 types of jam:
    CAUSE
    Jam50 and Jam 80 are caused by paper skew in the registration unit, which occurs when paper in the feed tray is not neatly set.

SOLUTION
    Set the paper in the feed tray neatly –confirm no space between the paper and fences on both sides– according to the procedures described in the ‘Guide to Paper’ manual.
    If this does not resolve the jams, do the following.

For Jam50
    Disable the side-to-side registration function in both SP1917 and SP1957.
    And then, input a higher threshold value for the skew correction level setting in SP1022, or disable the skew detection function in both SP1021 and SP1955.

IMPORTANT

• Disabling or modifying the skew detection/correction functions will generate higher risk of skew problems.
    • Make sure to disable both SP1917 and SP1957. Disabling only SP1917 will not take effect, because priority is given to SP1957 when using custom paper.
    • Similarly to the above, make sure to disable both SP1021 and SP1955. Disabling only SP1021 will not take effect, because priority is given to SP1955 when using custom paper.
    This works for me too! TKS.
    And I heard that exists a new firmware update to solve this problems too.

Antonio

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Baron Pro 8100/8110/8120

Re: Baron Pro 8100/8110/8120 Jam J049 and J050

Quote Originally Posted by hana_freak View Post
    This works for me too! TKS.
    And I heard that exists a new firmware update to solve this problems too.

Antonio
    Current firmware is Package 2.02. It is on What's New on TSRC. Ricoh is recommending upgrading to it on your next service. Package 2.02 was released last week.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

Re: Baron Pro 8100/8110/8120

Hello! Don't worry about this machine, is a good one but needs some attention. First of all, it needs some space because the conditios are very important and second there are a few problems like lubricant bar of the cleaning unit that doesn't last as it should be and a few jams that can be fixed with the help of a technical bulletin. Write us if you have jam 049 frequently. Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Vollegaaz View Post
    Hi guys,
    just curious if there's anyone here servicing the Baron, and if yes, what is your experience with this machine
    I have a dozen in the field since september, and gotta say...nervous breakdown is just around the corner ;-)

pro's and con's please :-)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Baron Pro 8100/8110/8120

We have placed a lot of these machine where we had pro906's or pro907's, when these boxes are placed in schools where 50 teachers are using each machine, we constantly get calls for jamming and machines jammed to the point where we have to take the machines apart to remove all of the paper.

Not a good fit for schools, which is where most of these machines end up. These machines do work really well in print shops with just a few users.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Well, almost 2 years later and almost 25 units in the field, have to say it's a good engine, after all the modifications and firmware updates it runs pretty good.
    Altough, the last 2-3 months i've had a few SC465, 3times on different machines, cleaning blade of the PTR unit get stuck between the brush and PTR roller, without any visible reason? Besides that, no major issues, we do turn off the side to side and Skew detection though.

Quote Originally Posted by houserman View Post
    Hello! Don't worry about this machine, is a good one but needs some attention. First of all, it needs some space because the conditios are very important and second there are a few problems like lubricant bar of the cleaning unit that doesn't last as it should be and a few jams that can be fixed with the help of a technical bulletin. Write us if you have jam 049 frequently. Good luck

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The units i have in schools with many Key-operators, we turn off the side to side and skew detection, helps a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    We have placed a lot of these machine where we had pro906's or pro907's, when these boxes are placed in schools where 50 teachers are using each machine, we constantly get calls for jamming and machines jammed to the point where we have to take the machines apart to remove all of the paper.

Not a good fit for schools, which is where most of these machines end up. These machines do work really well in print shops with just a few users.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Baron Pro 8100/8110/8120

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post

The key to placing these, or any production machine, in schools is to not allow everyone to use them. I have one at a school district. They learned years ago that it was less expensive to hire someone to run a print shop in the warehouse that to send major print jobs out. They have had the machine just over a month and have put over 500K on if already. The only thing I have had to do to it was update firmware last week.

My other schools that have Pro 907EX and Pro1107EXs all have designated key operators who do most of the copy jobs. They also have smaller machines that are available for the teachers to use for small jobs.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Baron Pro 8100/8110/8120

We have 18 in one school district and 10 in another school district, should we suggest the customers hire 28 more staff to run copies? The 906's and 907's work well with many operators, the 8100's do not. Ricoh does not have good replacement for the 907's yet. The 8100's do work really well in print shops, but print shop environments are fading away.

The big problem is jam removal, if we had a machine that had really good access to the paper path, the customers could get the jams out and continue running. Also, we need feed tires that last longer.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Comatose's Avatar

I have been servicing these for a while now and apart from the other tips mentioned a colleague of mine suggested adding a paper clip in between the two springs on the drum cleaning lubricant bar, on the machines we have tried this on the lube bars wear a lot more evenly and last the PM cycle with no adverse effects.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    I have been servicing these for a while now and apart from the other tips mentioned a colleague of mine suggested adding a paper clip in between the two springs on the drum cleaning lubricant bar, on the machines we have tried this on the lube bars wear a lot more evenly and last the PM cycle with no adverse effects.
    Can you show me some pics, because i do not understand where you put the paper clip. THX