Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    soozen

Ricoh Priport JP1235

I never work on a Ricoh but have worked on other machines years ago. I'm trying to fix a friends Ricoh Priport JP1235. I need the part name and number of the 'solenoid' that controls the pressure roller release. Like I said it'n years since I worked on a copier.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Priport JP1235

Its more than likely that the press roller as just come out of the bracket at the rear as it happens a lot.

anyway the part numbers are REAR C231 3134 and FRONT C231 3130

soozen

I fed the paper through and it stopped at pressure roller. I manually released the pressure roller and the machine printed away. So I assumed it was that solenoid.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Nah its very common when the operator prints something with a lot of black on and it sticks to the drum so when they try to clear it knocks the roller out at the rear you manually resetting it probably fixed the problem ive never had to replace a solenoid in 20 years of repairing these lovely ink duplicators

soozen

When I pulled out the black drum the back was bent bad. I used another good drum to work with it. The roller was clean and the ink wasn't too wet since the drum was rarely used. I use to work on Risographs. I will check out the roller. I just assume as bad as that drum was bent that it ruin the solenoid. Thanks for your help by the way.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Just love the simplicity of the JP and DX machines! They don't give much sh!t except for when the timing goes bad, like when it breaks a timing belt.

Then the fun begins! Else they are real workhorses that need little if any parts!
    Press the GREEN button!!