Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Ceramic Printing modification

Anyone knows of where I can buy the necessary materials to convert an existing machine to print on ceramic transfer paper? If someone could point me to a suitable site (not one that already sells pre-modified machines, but one that sells the stuff and explains how to do it) that would be great.

Cheers!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Technician

Re: Ceramic Printing modification

the information you seek is very hard to find. there are lots of companies selling these printers, and they sell the materials too. you only need to buy ceramic developers and ceramic toners and you can modify yourself the printer. i modified 2 printers already. it is not a hard process, but there are some things that you should know to have the best quality. please ensure that the printer you are trying to modify is suitable for this to save lots of headaches.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlosramosdrum View Post
    the information you seek is very hard to find. there are lots of companies selling these printers, and they sell the materials too. you only need to buy ceramic developers and ceramic toners and you can modify yourself the printer. i modified 2 printers already. it is not a hard process, but there are some things that you should know to have the best quality. please ensure that the printer you are trying to modify is suitable for this to save lots of headaches.
    Thanks for your input. Could you recommend a supplier for those ceramic supplies? And what machines did you choose to modify?

Cheers!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Technician

hello. there are 2 nice companies. Macchine per fotoceramica - Attrezzature per fotoceramica | Unicolor and Keramik Toner, Keramik Laserkopierer, Keramik Drucker, Glas Toner - www.ceramictoners.com
    both companies have everything you need. of course it is hard to get specific information. so after conversion you have to be smart and search.
    2 days ago i modified a new ricoh mpc 2003. it is working ok, but it needs some adjustments with black density. but a all is working ok. service manual needed for this, but i dont have it yet...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

This article tells how to convert both the Ricoh SPC430 and the 820 for this: Conversion | FotoCeramic
    Press the GREEN button!!

sawi

Arrow Re: Ceramic Printing modification

Quote Originally Posted by carlosramosdrum View Post
    hello. there are 2 nice companies. Macchine per fotoceramica - Attrezzature per fotoceramica | Unicolor and Keramik Toner, Keramik Laserkopierer, Keramik Drucker, Glas Toner - www.ceramictoners.com
    both companies have everything you need. of course it is hard to get specific information. so after conversion you have to be smart and search.
    2 days ago i modified a new ricoh mpc 2003. it is working ok, but it needs some adjustments with black density. but a all is working ok. service manual needed for this, but i dont have it yet...
    On Conversion | FotoCeramic there is a short discription.Is it really that simple? How do I adjust the temperature? I have a Ricoh sp c430dn and would like to modify it. I couldn't find a document explaining that. Can you help me please?!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Anyone knows of where I can buy the necessary materials to convert an existing machine to print on ceramic transfer paper? If someone could point me to a suitable site (not one that already sells pre-modified machines, but one that sells the stuff and explains how to do it) that would be great.

Cheers!

i can help we sell imagepress c1 + rebuilt on ceramic toner
    and developers and toner are already there
    just connect and start printing

ddk@ajruli-kopiersysteme.de

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dekoster View Post
    i can help we sell imagepress c1 + rebuilt on ceramic toner
    and developers and toner are already there
    just connect and start printing

Hi

I doubt that you will be getting any response.

This thread is almost 3 years old.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Hi

I doubt that you will be getting any response.

This thread is almost 3 years old.
    oh sorry
    I did not see that
    but we are happy to help if you have any questions
    Greetings dirk