Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Lightbulb Ricoh MP C2800 MPC2800 SC367 error (TD sensor error for Yellow, to much toner in DU)

Hi guys, today I have one big problem.

My Ricoh MP C2800 continually shows SC 367 error. SC367 error.
    I have researched a little on the web, and it seems to be fault of TD sensor for Yellow color.
    I have checked all wires and connections, and for me it's OK, and connects well.
    MP C2800 is printing, but when you make a some amount of prints, error continues to appear.

I have discovered, that printer continually overload toner supply in Yellow Developer Unit.
    Now it's pouring to much toner to DU.

Can you please help me to resolve this problem?

I have checked all wires with multimeter. And all good to go.

My friend technician says, that I must initial color registration, but I believe, that's not the case and will not resolve my problem.

I have found info (link bellow) that if is all connections works well, that I must change PCU.
    I'm not sure, PCU means drum unit in this case, or what it means?

I have managed to enter SP mode.
    In SP mode 3201 "TD Sensor V display", for Yellow is showing number: 0,16V
    As I understand this value is too small? For BK M and C it's far more high value (above 1,6V)
    So I have checked wires, connections, and now there is sugesttion: "Replace the defective PCU"

I don't understand how Yellow drum can effect TD sensor.
    I have checked developer and Developing Unit, and for me it's good, and I have only printed about 170K color pages, so developer must be OK?
    I have no changed yet Yellow drum and it's originally 170K from the start, I'm considering to change drum unit for Yellow in near future.

So my questions is:

Do you have any advice in this matter?
    Could I initiate or set another settings in SP mode for TD sensor, that will fix this problem?
    PCU - is drum unit, or what is PCU in this case?

My technician told me that, TD sensor is replaceable in DU, but he does not believe that TD sensor is fault.

I'm not very strong in this field, so I will appreciate any help or advice from You.

Main information I have googled is here:

Ricoh Aficio C2800 MP SC366 error - RICOH Copiers .... Error Codes, Problems & Solutions forum - Copier University

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP C2800 MPC2800 SC367 error (TD sensor error for Yellow, to much toner in

replace the development unit and developer(I dont know if developer is already preinstalled on the devt unit)
    Nobody is perfect..

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C2800 MPC2800 SC367 error (TD sensor error for Yellow, to much toner in DU)

Re: Ricoh MP C2800 MPC2800 SC367 error (TD sensor error for Yellow, to much toner in

You do not need to replace the PCU (drum unit). Either the yellow is drastically over toned in which case you will need to replace the developer. The other possibility is that the toner density sensor is bad in which case you will need to replace the development unit.

Technician

Post Re: Ricoh MP C2800 MPC2800 SC367 error (TD sensor error for Yellow, to much toner in

Quote Originally Posted by rsyarcia View Post
    replace the development unit and developer(I dont know if developer is already preinstalled on the devt unit)
    Thanks for fast response.
    Yes, developer in new development unit is installed (at least for my device).

Any less expensive suggestions?

Tomorrow is appointed for a technical service in my place. Maybe technician will suggest any less expensive ways to make it work properly.
    If any our attempts will fail, of course I'll buy a new DU unit.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C2800 MPC2800 SC367 error (TD sensor error for Yellow, to much toner in DU)

I have occasionally been able to look at the density sensor on a development unit and get a part number for the sensor only. You also have to have the mounting tape for it.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I have occasionally been able to look at the density sensor on a development unit and get a part number for the sensor only. You also have to have the mounting tape for it.
    I thought if something is wrong with density (less density, or almost no signs of toner - Yellow) then I must invest in new developer?
    Or something is different?

In any print tests pages from MP C2800 Yellow is to much dense, steps of Yellow blocks shows to much density.

I believe, that there is some problems with TD sensor, I have opened DU and there is plenty of developer inside, and it's properly mixed with a toner. When I spin gears all insides behaves fine.

My technician is my pal, he is engineer working with Brother and Ricoh printing devices.
    Any parts, and replacements I order from him, and if I can't replace or figure out way about particular problem, I'm calling for him. Of course he is not almighty but he knows a lot. Just I can't call him every time I'm in trouble, and if I call him officially for a repair, it will cost me a fortune.

I have considered recently to buy used Ricoh MPC with this printing engine (MP C3300/4000/5000 or C2800 of course) there is a lot interchangeable parts, and I could figure out much more faster, what is wrong with little time.

And now, I have only one device, and I'm constantly using it, and this situation is not good, because it is only one workhorse in my place.

I have it for 4 years, and it's good working horse, but if something happens, tend to happen in worst scenario.

So now I'm strongly determined to buy something similar. Of course, I can't buy new one MFP, it's to expensive.

I want in the future buy new KM bizhub PRO C6501 or similar model, just I don't want to take a loan, so now I must save some money.
    Last edited by mywebnet; 06-20-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I haven't seen this yet, so I have to ask - are you using the correct toner from Ricoh? I have seen the wrong toner cause some pretty stupid and wrong things to happen, including something quite like what you initially described.

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I haven't seen this yet, so I have to ask - are you using the correct toner from Ricoh? I have seen the wrong toner cause some pretty stupid and wrong things to happen, including something quite like what you initially described.
    agree! check the toner. we never replaced a TD sensor on this model. try replacing the developer first, that's cheaper.
    Nobody is perfect..

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post

Yes, I'm using original Ricoh genuine toner (always).
    Once maybe in 2012y I bought some third party toner to save money, didn't like it, and end of story.

So, I'll try to change developer, maybe it's the case. I thought it's rated at least 240K, but maybe it was the fate to "live" only 170K.

I have replaced toner pump for Black color in near past, and I have just remembered that Yellow color was overtone too, probably this problem was in the past but not so bad. Probably now TD value dropped to low and I have this error and toner overload.

Now, somebody can me whisper any instructions how to change developer?
    Yesterday I have found in SP mode some function or command like "initiate developer change or replace".

My friend in last year mentioned, when I asked about developer and how I'll know, when it must be replenish or added. He's answer was: that you just pour new developer to DU, and push some buttons in SP mode, that is all.

Now when I have looked in insides of DU, I don't understand, where can "fresh" 215gr of developer go, because DU is full of old mix.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

You will find it easier to replace the entire PCU. It comes with new developer installed, and there aren't any SP mode adjustments needed.

If you must change only the developer, you first need to review the definition of the word "change".