Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sc543 mpc4502

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar

Re: sc543 mpc4502

i wonder if this only happen in printing? usually by pass? and the printer driver paper sittings is mismatch to what is supplied? it happens to me and i just set the printer driver to what paper is supplied at the by pass... anyhow wish you have same luck as mine.
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by imaginemoko View Post
    i wonder if this only happen in printing? usually by pass? and the printer driver paper sittings is mismatch to what is supplied? it happens to me and i just set the printer driver to what paper is supplied at the by pass... anyhow wish you have same luck as mine.
    Now that you mentioned it I do remember the client saying something about the bypass, I will go and check the bypass settings tomorrow.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Dear all
    would like to share information regarding MPC 4502 When the latest machines suffer a fuser overheat and display one of the error codes(SC 543,SC 544,SC564,SC 574), it is not possible to reset the error in SP5810 as it was with previous models. In SP5810 there are now two sub-codes (5810-001 and 5810-002). It is mandatory to execute the second of these codes to reset an overheating error, however this process fails when you try it.
    The reason for this is that Ricoh have added fuse to the replacement fusing unit (part number D1444022, wrongly listed in the parts catalogue as D1424022.) This fuse blows when the unit is installed and this in turn unlocks SP5810-002 and the code can be reset. Location of fuse can be seen in RTB attached.
    As solution for these errors in future any model numbers ending with a 2 or a 5, e.g. MPc5502 or MPc305) and should back up the NVRAM data ,in this way when error appear we can overwrites the data on the NVRAM and the machine effectively forgets that it ever had the code
    in my case it was fixed with AC CONTROLLER BOARD replacement,also fix a fuse in fusing unit.
    Thanks

Technician

Hi guys

Thanks for all the input and a big thankyou to imaginemoko, the issue has been resolved it turned out to be paper setting mismatch from the bypass. Feels like a monkey has just been lifted off my back as this error code was driving me nuts. Still don't get it as to why the machine would throw up a 543 error for a paper mismatch settings. Once again thankyou everyone

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blanka View Post
    Hi guys

Thanks for all the input and a big thankyou to imaginemoko, the issue has been resolved it turned out to be paper setting mismatch from the bypass. Feels like a monkey has just been lifted off my back as this error code was driving me nuts. Still don't get it as to why the machine would throw up a 543 error for a paper mismatch settings. Once again thankyou everyone
    I don't know why that error code was involved either. But if I was to guess, SC5xx error codes all have something to do with the machine's paper handling?
    Still, thanks for sharing the solution to the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by imaginemoko View Post
    Useful ~!! Thanks~~