Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Higher Level Service Mode

Hi guys, I have a couple of Ricoh SPC420 printers which have the accounting mode SP5405 set to development counts.
    I want this to be changed to page counts i.e. from 0 to 1.
    I know this has to be done in the elevated SP mode but im not too familiar with these printers.

Can any one help?

Rgds
    Kev

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: Higher Level Service Mode

Press and hold # and select Copy SP. Then you're in Special SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    Press and hold # and select Copy SP. Then you're in Special SP.
    Thanks for your reply Eric, The Special SP mode you mentioned is applicable to the copier/printer as they have a touch screen & numerical keyboard.
    Ive attached a photo of the machine in question.
    spc420dn.jpg

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

The service manual doesn't mention anything about special sp. SP5-045-001 should be set to 1. It could be that this setting could be changed only once.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    The service manual doesn't mention anything about special sp. SP5-045-001 should be set to 1. It could be that this setting could be changed only once.
    I know that's the case on the MFPs, one shot only.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I noticed that you had said SP 5405 in your original post. As Eric1968 posted, the correct SP for Account Count is SP 5045. Options are 0: Developments, 1: Pages, 2: Coverage Range. The service manual does not give the warning on changing only once that the color MFP manuals do. Also SP 5930-001 needs to be set to 1 in order for the Counter menu to appear in the User Menu.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I noticed that you had said SP 5405 in your original post. As Eric1968 posted, the correct SP for Account Count is SP 5045. Options are 0: Developments, 1: Pages, 2: Coverage Range. The service manual does not give the warning on changing only once that the color MFP manuals do. Also SP 5930-001 needs to be set to 1 in order for the Counter menu to appear in the User Menu.
    My apologies about the typing error, you are correct it is SP5045 not 5405. Unless the SPC420 is different to the colour MFP's (which i find hard to believe) it is not a change once only setting. On the colour MFP's there is another service level you can enter instead of the usual method of 'Reset 107 Stop' you enter 'Reset 141 Stop' this enables you to change the accounting method as many times as you want.
    Surely this must be able to be done on the printer aswell?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Copier Doc View Post
    My apologies about the typing error, you are correct it is SP5045 not 5405. Unless the SPC420 is different to the colour MFP's (which i find hard to believe) it is not a change once only setting. On the colour MFP's there is another service level you can enter instead of the usual method of 'Reset 107 Stop' you enter 'Reset 141 Stop' this enables you to change the accounting method as many times as you want.
    Surely this must be able to be done on the printer aswell?
    Well, it doesn't hurt to at least give it a try. The default is to count pages. If it now set for developments, then it has been changed once. I have checked service manuals. All MFPs up to and including the current models include the following in the SP mode table entry for 5045 "NOTE: The counting method can be changed only once, regardless of whether the counter value is negative or positive". The service manual for the SPC 420 does not have this note. It also has three options for the setting instead of two.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Well, it doesn't hurt to at least give it a try. The default is to count pages. If it now set for developments, then it has been changed once. I have checked service manuals. All MFPs up to and including the current models include the following in the SP mode table entry for 5045 "NOTE: The counting method can be changed only once, regardless of whether the counter value is negative or positive". The service manual for the SPC 420 does not have this note. It also has three options for the setting instead of two.
    I agree with what you have said Slimslob, however as i stated in my earlier post, you can enter another SP mode on the MFP's which is not written in any service manuals. This will allow you to change accounting method as many times as you like amongst other things.
    There must surely be another way of entering SP mode on the SPC420 as opposed to the ones written in the service manual. I have been working in this industry for over 25 years & ALL the manufacturers I have worked on Canon, Sharp, Kyocera & Ricoh have a 'secret' non publicised way of entering the machines SP/Maintenance mode. Admitedly, the reason these arnt publicised in the manuals is because you could, if you were that way inclined, be 'creative' with the machines mileage. I only want to change the darn thing to page counts so i dont have the headache of working out the amount to charge when I put these out on cpc.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Check your PMs
    Totoro