Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cleaning web out MP 6001''Serive Mode off in WIM

This Machine has Replace cleaning web indication, but the main issue is this machine has Service Mode ''ON'' in administrator tools and I'm not able to turn it off on Machine's display panel just because of cleaning web indication and can't go to service mode to reset cleaning web.
    my question is how to turn it off in WIM,if someone could kindly help me out here.

configuration
    now where to find service mode?
    is it in Administrator authentication mode?
    User Authentication mode ?

can't find it anywhere

Sorry for mistake for (Service)

Regard's
    Last edited by fbkhan3; 06-30-2014 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Spell check

Re: Cleaning web out MP 6001''Serive Mode off in WIM

Service mode is Yellow, 1, 0, 7, hold Red. Just like most other Ricohs.

I would suggest that you buy a manual and a cleaning web. You shouldn't just clear the message and move on, you should fix the problem first.

Smile Re: Cleaning web out MP 6001''Serive Mode off in WIM

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Service mode is Yellow, 1, 0, 7, hold Red. Just like most other Ricohs.

I would suggest that you buy a manual and a cleaning web. You shouldn't just clear the message and move on, you should fix the problem first.
    Thanks allot for prompt reply Ruben but I'm talking about ''Service Mode Lock ''in User tools is ON and as long as I have (cleaning web replacement indication) on control panel I can't go in user tools and turn it off..so I need to use WIM to go user tools and turn it off but I could not find it there. Regards Thanks a bunch I have the manual and I know the procedure to clear WEB replacement message in SP MODE but don't know how to turn off the Service Mode Lock
    in User tools Via WIM(web image Monitor) . hope I was able to make it easy this time..
    Last edited by fbkhan3; 06-30-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fbkhan3 View Post
    Thanks allot for prompt reply Ruben but I'm talking about ''Service Mode Lock ''in User tools is ON and as long as I have (cleaning web replacement indication) on control panel I can't go in user tools and turn it off..so I need to use WIM to go user tools and turn it off but I could not find it there. Regards Thanks a bunch I have the manual and I know the procedure to clear WEB replacement message in SP MODE but don't know how to turn off the Service Mode Lock
    in User tools Via WIM(web image Monitor) . hope I was able to make it easy this time..
    Service Mode Lock is for situations where the customer has to unlock the service mode for the tech, and is usually only used in high security situations where someone has to watch over the tech. It is their responsibility, if they can't provide the information then I would look at it as a chargeable situation for a new nvram.

*You might try resetting the system settings in User Tools setting by holding the "*" key and pressing the 'system settings' on the screen. Not sure if this will erase the lock, but worth a try.

Unhappy Re: Cleaning web out MP 6001''Service Mode Lock off in WIM

Thanks teebee1234. I have the credentials for admin and I can log in with that ,I replaced the cleaning web and now wanted to reset it back to 0 but was not able to go to SP mode. I asked the costumer if they set the SERVICE MODE LOCK they said yes. Got the credential from them and tried to do it on Machine I was able to log in with admin but issue is the (Cleaning web replace) screen remains on top of everything whatever I do and won't let me go through system setting on control panel of the machine so in my opinion WIM is the only way I can disable the SERVICE MODE LOCK. 1 have tried as user Administrator & Machine Administrator but I could not find the option to disable the service Mode lock. completely Lost...... Also tried the soft reset holding ''*'' and system setting but that is also not possible .....WEB replace screen on top of it...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Are you saying that this procedure doesn't work? It is the only way that I know of. I don't think you can do it from WIM, but I could be wrong.

If you cannot go into the SP mode, ask the Administrator to log in with the User Tool
    and then set "Service Mode Lock" to OFF. After he or she logs in:
    User Tools > System Settings > Administrator Tools > Service Mode Lock > OFF
    This unlocks the machine and lets you get access to all the SP codes
    Totoro

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You can only disable service lock in user tools and with the login that the machine admin uses, which may be different than the other admin logins.
    First, try turning off Admin Mgt. through the WIM and see if that disables Service Lock. If not try this, remove the web unit completely and reboot. If it still says web out, reboot again with door open.

Tried it with door open and even with complete fusing unit out of machine but only thing I see on the screen is Replace cleaning web. Default login is ''admin'' with no ''password' 'It works but after login can't go further on screen...screen is completely hijacked by ''Replace cleaning web''

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    Are you saying that this procedure doesn't work? It is the only way that I know of. I don't think you can do it from WIM, but I could be wrong.

If you cannot go into the SP mode, ask the Administrator to log in with the User Tool
    and then set "Service Mode Lock" to OFF. After he or she logs in:
    User Tools > System Settings > Administrator Tools > Service Mode Lock > OFF
    This unlocks the machine and lets you get access to all the SP codes
    I'm trying to disable the ''Service Mode Lock'' in WIM '' . After log in via WIM.
    Configuration >and then I have checked every option like system, have gone through every single option there but could not find ''Service Mode Lock' 'anywhere , read the manual for almost 2 hours but still no luck.....have done 100 cleaning web's ,PM's and Parts replacement, but this is first time with Service Mode lock ''ON'' so not sure if this is the normal behavior of the Machine or something wrong else where...!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Try logging in to WIM as supervisor and check if someone has set Administrator2 or Administrator3 as the machine administrator. If they have, see what the name and password for that administrator is.