Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Density Setting on Ricoh Alicio MP C4501

Dear Kind Souls,

We have just installed a Aficio MP C4501 with PS kit.

We were using a Cannon MFP prior to this machine. A newbie question please:-

The canon MFP for print jobs, the density of the CMYK can be adjusted. In fact, it was very simple. even a simple density setting can be found either on the machine or on the computer print menu.

For the love of God, I cannot find such a setting for the Ricoh machine. Where is the density setting if I want to print something darker or lighter? I cannot find the setting anywhere!

Please HELP!!!!

Thanks for reading

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: Density Setting on Ricoh Alicio MP C4501

The density setting tab is on the left side of the screen.Make sure you are not viewing the simplified display or you won't have that option. Other color settings, bottom of the screen select Edit/Color>Color>Adjust Color>change your settings and select OK. In the PS3 driver, right click on printer, select printer preferences>print quality (from the top menu) or select printer properties>color management tab for more options.
    Last edited by mikadonovan; 07-02-2014 at 05:53 PM.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    The density setting tab is on the left side of the screen.Make sure you are not viewing the simplified display or you won't have that option. Other color settings, bottom of the screen select Edit/Color>Color>Adjust Color>change your settings and select OK. In the PS3 driver, right click on printer, select printer preferences>print quality (from the top menu) or select printer properties>color management tab for more options.
    Hi Mikadonovan,

Thanks for your prompt help. However, the settings tab you ask me to check out does not apply for printer. It only applies for photocopying. If I want to adjust the density for photocopying, then the "colour adjustment" tab on the screen works.

I have also attached the printer preference pages. There are no density adjustment settings at all. For the color management tab, it is only for ICC profiles. There are no print density settings when can be altered.

Any further help you can provide is much appreciated.

print menu advance.JPGprint menu standard.JPGCapture.JPG

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I'm by no means an expert in this area, but I did notice that you're using the PS driver for "Universal print" (for all models) rather than the PS3 driver specifically for your machine. I believe the "Universal" drivers often have limited options/ functionality vs. the specific PS 3 driver for your machine -In particular the feature that Mika has described
    I'd suggest downloading that instead, and giving it a try.

http://www.ricoh-usa.com/downloads/p...41/mpc41en.htm

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I'm by no means an expert in this area, but I did notice that you're using the PS driver for "Universal print" (for all models) rather than the PS3 driver specifically for your machine. I believe the "Universal" drivers often have limited options/ functionality vs. the specific PS 3 driver for your machine -In particular the feature that Mika has described
    I'd suggest downloading that instead, and giving it a try.

http://www.ricoh-usa.com/downloads/p...41/mpc41en.htm

right on sandmanmac! scrap the windows packed in unidriver.. Also in your screen shots you have color separations turned on, use ICC profile turned on, and did you load the icc profile for the ricoh??? if not you don't know what profile is being used for your color output...Also try something other than superfine for RGB and turn on smoothing for better output quality.......
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    right on sandmanmac! scrap the windows packed in unidriver.. Also in your screen shots you have color separations turned on, use ICC profile turned on, and did you load the icc profile for the ricoh??? if not you don't know what profile is being used for your color output...Also try something other than superfine for RGB and turn on smoothing for better output quality.......
    Hi Guys,

Thanks to all for your advice. However, sad to report, no dice. I have changed the driver back to the PS 3.0 version and I have also installed mac drivers to take a look. I can confirm 100% that there is no "density" setting. I cannot change the density setting either for colour or for black only.

The main reason I want to increase the density is that I want a darker printout for some jobs. Last time, I can adjust for the Canon with a setting in the print dialogue. The printout would come out darker. It is not a matter of sharper text or better colour, I just want a blacker, darker printout for my purpose.

Anybody can help?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

If you want more control over your color, you will need to invest in a fiery controller for your machine.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

[QUOTE=jetpack1976;425703]Hi Guys,

Thanks to all for your advice. However, sad to report, no dice. I have changed the driver back to the PS 3.0 version and I have also installed mac drivers to take a look. I can confirm 100% that there is no "density" setting. I cannot change the density setting either for colour or for black only.

The main reason I want to increase the density is that I want a darker printout for some jobs. Last time, I can adjust for the Canon with a setting in the print dialogue. The printout would come out darker. It is not a matter of sharper text or better colour, I just want a blacker, darker printout for my purpose.
    Last edited by copytech,mike; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetpack1976 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Anybody can help?
    Buy a Canon!

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    If you want more control over your color, you will need to invest in a fiery controller for your machine.
    Your full of shit. Every Canon copier allows you to adjust for density. So do all the other brands. This is a serious problem from Ricoh that doesnt know how to build a driver.