Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    MP C3500/4500 Toner Pump

Re: MP C3500/4500 Toner Pump

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Well Fellas...the problem is resolved.
    In an attempt to not embarrass myself any further, I will just say that it was a defective toner pump all along (&*$!@#!!!!) , and a simple series of foolish errors on my part sure resulted in a couple of days of unnecessary headaches!
    But, at least I don't have to stew over it for the whole weekend!
    Maybe I'll treat myself to an old-fashioned style headache - by having a couple too many beers!

Don't be too hard on me
    Been there, Done that.......................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP C3500/4500 Toner Pump

a simple series of foolish errors on my part sure resulted in a couple of days of unnecessary headaches!
    I hate when that happens Guess you're human just like the rest of us.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician

I am having similar issues with an MPC 4500.

I have replaced the black PCDU, toner pump, hose and tried using 3 different toner bottles (2 known new ones).

If i open and close the front door the machine says loading toner, then the message goes away and am able to print about 4 pages before the load toner message comes back.

Each time i replace the toner bottle the on screen toner indicator bar only shows one bar.

The only thing left I can think of is to replace toner nozzle assembly.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C3500/4500 Toner Pump

Quote Originally Posted by iliketui View Post
    I am having similar issues with an MPC 4500.

I have replaced the black PCDU, toner pump, hose and tried using 3 different toner bottles (2 known new ones).

If i open and close the front door the machine says loading toner, then the message goes away and am able to print about 4 pages before the load toner message comes back.

Each time i replace the toner bottle the on screen toner indicator bar only shows one bar.

The only thing left I can think of is to replace toner nozzle assembly.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    In the future, start a new thread.

That said, the problem might have something to do with the RFID board on the machine. The RFID reads from and writes to the chip on toner bottle the toner remaining percentage.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts andrewdecruz's Avatar

@sandmanmac.....hahahaha...good on you mate.

Btw, you haven't been gorging your eyes out watching too much world cup football have you?

Neway, keep up with the posts...always great to have you on board...
    Cheers

Glorified Parts Swapper 100+ Posts ptrflrs's Avatar
    Had a similar issue today. Yesterday another tech replaced a black pump and black pcu and dev unit. Went today for same issue. Replaced pump with hose, previous tech did not change hose. Machine still kept trying to add toner. Vacuumed out toner bottle coupling and hose sensor in rear and still no luck. Remembered previous tech had replaced bicu and found a harness loose in bicu and another in iob. With colleagues like this who needs enemies, lol.
    jesus loves you! (everyone else thinks you're an assh*le)
    street cred: CompTIA A+ & Network+ Certified; Konica Minolta Gold Seal x2,
    Konica Minolta Outward ASSociate, Ricoh, Sharp, Lexmark trained

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP C3500/4500 Toner Pump

Quote Originally Posted by andrewdecruz View Post
    @sandmanmac.....hahahaha...good on you mate.

Btw, you haven't been gorging your eyes out watching too much world cup football have you?
    Thanks for the kind words.
    World Cup? Sorry Andrew...I do love my sports, but The World Cup aint my bag

Quote Originally Posted by ptrflrs View Post
    Remembered previous tech had replaced bicu and found a harness loose in bicu and another in iob. With colleagues like this who needs enemies, lol.
    Sometimes, I really wish I had someone else to blame for the crap I find myself in, but I'm sales, service, reception, Tech Support, etc, so, I find it's just easier to suck it up and admit my mistakes to customers, rather than try and remember a bunch of fibs and excuses I made up along the way .
    But hey, In the end, most of what I've learned is by making mistakes......AND from spending a lot of time here reading about everyone else's problems
    Last edited by sandmanmac; 07-10-2014 at 01:36 AM.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    MP C3500/4500 Toner Pump

Sometimes, I really wish I had someone else to blame for the crap I find myself in, but I'm sales, service, reception, Tech Support, etc, so, I find it's just easier to suck it up and admit my mistakes to customers, rather than try and remember a bunch of fibs and excuses, I made up along the way .
    But hey, In the end, most of what I've learned is by making mistakes......AND from spending a lot of time here reading about everyone else's problems
    Self reliance and ownership of the issue are qualities I live bye also..... Props for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Sometimes, I really wish I had someone else to blame for the crap I find myself in, but I'm sales, service, reception, Tech Support, etc, so, I find it's just easier to suck it up and admit my mistakes to customers, rather than try and remember a bunch of fibs and excuses I made up along the way .
    I think I can top this or at least match it.
    I had a machine throw an add toner message for yellow.....2 years earlier i had to change the main drive assy due to a dopey colleague forgetting to shave the drum connectors.
    I changed the pump....no good.....went to change the hose and found that 2 years earlier I had pinched the hose between the drive unit and the frame of the machine.....woops....so yes..we ALL have our days

What is the suggested replacement intervals for toner pumps in the Ricoh MPC3500/4500? I checked the service manual but did not see this listed

Is it around 200k? Or do they typically last less than this?