Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP 2551 SC 553 Error code

whats the temp showng in sp1106? good starting point.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 2551 SC 553 Error code

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    whats the temp showng in sp1106? good starting point.
    Great Idea, Thanks so much... GREAT starting point !!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    Great Idea, Thanks so much... GREAT starting point !!
    hey, im not the sub standard engineer who cant figure out or do basic troubleshooting! try reading the manual mr "i know it all but know fook all"

been doing this job for 20 plus years and i know that i start by checking the temp readings easily by sp 1106 before i even take the machine apart.

Good luck with fixing your attitude and the problem machine but your attitude will take more work!

hey, im not the sub standard engineer who cant figure out or do basic troubleshooting! try reading the manual mr "i know it all but know fook all"

been doing this job for 20 plus years and i know that i start by checking the temp readings easily by sp 1106 before i even take the machine apart.

Good luck with fixing your attitude and the problem machine but your attitude will take more work!
    Again, Thanks for the input and congratulations on being such an outstanding technician... lol

Again, Thanks for the input and congratulations on being such an outstanding technician... lol
    your reply just proved my point.

as the saying goes "i could write what you know on the back of a postage stamp and still have room left"

theres no point having a discussion with you as your too far up your own arse to see out of it.

good luck with your attitude and minor work problem.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Good luck with fixing your attitude and the problem machine but your attitude wilfor yourl take more work!
    I can see how you may have mistaken Doug's response for sarcasm Bishop, but i think it was meant as a sincere 'thank you' for the input- we may never know, but that's certainly how i read it.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I can see how you may have mistaken Doug's response for sarcasm Bishop, but i think it was meant as a sincere 'thank you' for the input- we may never know, but that's certainly how i read it.
    cheers sandmanmac but the word GREAT in caps said it all. ive had countless thermistors play up, visual inspection revealed nothing but checking the temp display showed them going up and down like a whores draws in 10-20c when it should have been stable or showing 0 degrees. Ive been caught out many times by resetting the codes printing copies off and getting a recall because the thermistors are knackered. Too many engineers just throw parts at a machine and not fault finding.

I offer up a resonable simple check and I get a half wit trying to be cocky with me. sorry but ive done too many ricoh, canon, kyocera sharp courses to be talked down to by somone who thinks its big and cleaver when he clearly cant tell his arse from his elbow!

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I use this forum to get "unstuck" I works on all machines and only certified of Canon and Xerox. My brain gets caught up "in the trees" so much I sincerely welcome the input. Someone will say something like check the fuser temp and I go duh... I always have found it amusing that every tech that I have ever met thinks he or she is always smarter than the any other tech around them. Their wisdom is much more intense than anyone. The truth is though, the job we do is 70% customer relations. 30% ability to fix the machines (in my opinion). Their is no reason to make judgement calls on any techs ability or get angry. We really have a tough job and everyone has their own style. Neither good or bad unless we succed on pissing off all of our customers. Then we need to find another line of work....

I use this forum to get "unstuck" I works on all machines and only certified of Canon and Xerox. My brain gets caught up "in the trees" so much I sincerely welcome the input. Someone will say something like check the fuser temp and I go duh... I always have found it amusing that every tech that I have ever met thinks he or she is always smarter than the any other tech around them. Their wisdom is much more intense than anyone. The truth is though, the job we do is 70% customer relations. 30% ability to fix the machines (in my opinion). Their is no reason to make judgement calls on any techs ability or get angry. We really have a tough job and everyone has their own style. Neither good or bad unless we succed on pissing off all of our customers. Then we need to find another line of work....
    So have you checked the temp then? What was the readings? Have you ran a meter on them? Have you NEVER missed something so simple because you forgot to do the simple things? I have and every engineer I know has! You come on here asking for help , i posted that because a lot of engineers don't do the basic checks and start looking to deep. It had nothing to do with questioning your abilities as an engineer but when you insult me with the way you did,yes I'll get pissed off!

So have you checked the temp then? What was the readings? Have you ran a meter on them? Have you NEVER missed something so simple because you forgot to do the simple things? I have and every engineer I know has! You come on here asking for help , i posted that because a lot of engineers don't do the basic checks and start looking to deep. It had nothing to do with questioning your abilities as an engineer but when you insult me with the way you did,yes I'll get pissed off!
    No I haven't checked that. I am going to do that first thing when I get back to the customer... I actually feel a little stupid for not thinking of that.... I sure do apologize that my comment sounded like i didn't appreciate your feeback. You are actually saving my ass. See... I first saw the machine with no power... Fixed that problem and am starting to see that problem also existed. One of those type of deals....