Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Mpc3001 ps option swap

There, my friends, is why you NEVER buy a used PostScript SD card.

Far too common a mistake. We've even had our own warehouse send us used cards that were this way.(been a long time, but not forgotten.)
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Mpc3001 ps option swap

Hello all,

Well we tried the ps driver and all works fine as if the PS is truly installed as original. The ONLY hitch here is the annoying little message on bottom left screen saying the software has already been installed elsewhere. Other than that it works perfect.

Any ideas how to disable those messages that pop up on the screen?

Thanks

Kelly

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Richariri's Avatar

Going for a quick highjack here...

I've got a HDD encryption unit fitted on a machine we've just had delivered and i want to know if I can remove the SD card and module and fit them to another machine of the same model?

Do I have to do an uninstall like the PostScript card? Because it's an encryption unit, am I likely to hit any security issues?

Thanks' in Advances

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mpc3001 ps option swap

Quote Originally Posted by Richariri View Post
    Going for a quick highjack here...

I've got a HDD encryption unit fitted on a machine we've just had delivered and i want to know if I can remove the SD card and module and fit them to another machine of the same model?

Do I have to do an uninstall like the PostScript card? Because it's an encryption unit, am I likely to hit any security issues?

Thanks' in Advances
    If the HDD encryption has already been initialized on one machine, you can not remove the SD card and use it elsewhere. Ricoh has set it to where once in use on one machine, a SD card cannot be removed and put in another machine. If there is an uninstall procedure in the service manual, then you can uninstall and move to the other machine.

Ok thanks Slim,

To be honest I just wanted to remove it from the machine... what about the JAVA embedded software? can I remove that?

As for the postscript option in this thread, what SP mode would I need to execute in order for it to be useable in another MFP?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mpc3001 ps option swap

Quote Originally Posted by Richariri View Post
    Ok thanks Slim,

To be honest I just wanted to remove it from the machine... what about the JAVA embedded software? can I remove that?

As for the postscript option in this thread, what SP mode would I need to execute in order for it to be useable in another MFP?
    With any option that is embedded, there is nothing that can be removed without totally disabling the machine.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Mpc3001 ps option swap

Please create your own thread so everyone can benefit

Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    Please create your own thread so everyone can benefit
    sorry mr fuser, I thought the topic fitted into this thread quite well and wasn't worth starting a new one.

out of interest, did you ever get rid of that message?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

You can get rid of the message by deleting a few files on the PS card. Insert the ps card into your laptop. You will more than likely see 3 files. One is called GPS which is empty and then two others. Open the first file and then let me know what the contents are. I will tell you which files to delete. I believe from memory there should only be 4 files with a font extension (something like Optima) in both the files. You can figure it out yourself by plugging a new ps card into your laptop and then seeing what is different. Just delete the additional files as they would of been moved applications (delete zoffy) from the old device. I have done it many times and no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scott View Post
    You can get rid of the message by deleting a few files on the PS card. Insert the ps card into your laptop. You will more than likely see 3 files. One is called GPS which is empty and then two others. Open the first file and then let me know what the contents are. I will tell you which files to delete. I believe from memory there should only be 4 files with a font extension (something like Optima) in both the files. You can figure it out yourself by plugging a new ps card into your laptop and then seeing what is different. Just delete the additional files as they would of been moved applications (delete zoffy) from the old device. I have done it many times and no issue.
    Thanks for that nice detailed answer. I've got two that I've removed from refurbs and want to hold onto and save myself some moneys.
    I'm attaching a pic of the 3001 postscript card I have and if you can tell me what shouldn't be there I'll have a good base for future cards. e.g. I've got a type 5000 too.
    Attached Images Attached Images