Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

mpc3000 stops mid stream

I have a mpc3000 when a big print job gets sent to it,(30 sets of 11 pages full color two sided) it will start stopping (jamming with no crinkle) and not at the same rhythmic point (so to speak) after about 10-15 sets.After i worked on the machine for about half hour checking feed tire's,paper tray sensor move-ability(raising the paper tray as it depletes) and ran the job again, it ran another 10-15 sets then the same thing, i changed paper drawer feed from 1 to 2 same problem?
    Im taking a stab and say its the paper feed clutches or the stepper motor for the paper drawer feed?
    I have not ever had two feed clutches be bad at the same time, so im taking a stepper motor with me, but what else could this be?

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar

Re: mpc3000 stops mid stream

sir what are the jam codes?
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mpc3000 stops mid stream

If it has an external finisher, door switches on the bridge can cause jams at power on to be randomly detected due to vibration causing the switches to open briefly. Replace the switches and update firmware. Ricoh changed the firmware to increase the length of time the switches must be open before the machine thinks the door is open.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    mpc3000 stops mid stream

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If it has an external finisher, door switches on the bridge can cause jams at power on to be randomly detected due to vibration causing the switches to open briefly. Replace the switches and update firmware. Ricoh changed the firmware to increase the length of time the switches must be open before the machine thinks the door is open.
    X2! replace the switch on the LH side of the bridge and update the frimwar............. may have been logged as a power on jam also....
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

have you seen a discharge or any blood ?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    have you seen a discharge or any blood ?
    I think the itching or burning may give it away.

Back on topic, I find it odd the machine stops at such a uniform number of prints. Does this machine have a finisher? If so, are the jams registered finisher or machine jams?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

no finisher
    ill get the jam codes this morning

Jam Code 017
    but, I got to the client office ran 25 color two sided to one sided 5 pages per group , jammed right away
    Cleared it Ran the same job color two sided to one side after removing the transport, since there was no fin, It ran the whole job
    Then I ran 25 single sided color -Jammed cleared it, jammed 017, switched to tray two, ran the whole job
    I then changed out the tray one registration clutch, ran the the job twice- success
    ran double sided job success.
    so, Is the tray one reg clutch still part of the problem when running tray two? since yesterday neither tray ran the two sided job after about 12-15 sets?
    this morning tray two ran the job after tray one started to fail.then i changed the tray one reg clutch and ran both jobs twice.
    wierd.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mpc3000 stops mid stream

There is only one registration roller and clutch. Paper from all trays including the bypass stop at the registration roller. The jam code 017 is for the registration sensor not seeing the paper. If the paper is accordion jamming at the registration roller, replace the registration sensor. If both trays are jamming with the paper not reaching the registration roller, I would say that the paper feed motor is overheating and stalling since you have probably replaced the first transport clutch not the registration clutch.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

Here's the snippet of the detail description from the manual:
    "The paper feed motor [A] drives the pick-up and feed mechanisms in tray 1 [B], tray 2 [C]. It
    uses clutches and complex trains of gears to do this.
    When tray 1 and tray 2 are inside the machine, their pick-up rollers [E][F] are always in
    contact with each top sheet of the paper stack (see section ). However, the feed roller [G] of
    the by-pass tray [D] stays away until the by-pass pick-up solenoid [H] turns on (see
    section ). When the paper feed clutch [I] for tray 1 turns on, the pick-up, feed [J] and
    separation [K] rollers start rotating to feed the paper. The paper from tray 2 is also fed in the
    same way.
    For the paper from the by-pass tray [D], the duplex/by-pass motor drives the feed roller to
    feed the paper.
    The paper feed clutch stays on until shortly after the registration sensor activates."