Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ironcross

used mp 7500 gestetner

hello, i'm new here
    i got a second hand machine gestetner mp 7500 black only
    i have some knowledge in electronics and computers
    this is a very used machine which i;ve got very cheap, for my little copycenter shop
    since i am at the beginning of the road, i dont have yet the money to change opc drum, developer and others

the pages are very light, toner is full
    i've been playing a little with the service side, that cancel 107 red button
    there are small improvments but not a lot
    i don;t know the meaning for the codes, i've been set it to the factory settings, voltages and temperatures, but no luck

i know i ask a lot but i will be more than thankfull to somebody that can help me a little

there is some tonner spilling on the page also, in fact some characters from the bottom text has the toner smudges

sorry for my english

thank you in advance

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: used mp 7500 gestetner

Get your machine professionally serviced before it ends up being a paperweight. Making adjustments to SP modes without knowing what you're doing is just asking for trouble, and this is not a quick machine to PM or service even for a trained professional.

ironcross

i don't have enough money right now for that, i just want to get it a little better

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    used mp 7500 gestetner

Quote Originally Posted by ironcross View Post
    i don't have enough money right now for that, i just want to get it a little better

Rthonpm
    is right on! Sorry if you don't like the answer.
    It's insulting to minimize what qualified technicians do, by thinking you can simply push some buttons and make it all better.
    If your car needs a transmission, washing and waxing it, because you don't have much money isn't going to help.

ironcross

so what this forum is about? do you live and work in my town to get your salary and paychecks?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    used mp 7500 gestetner

Pale copy on a MP 7500 usually means that the developer is worn out and not carrying the toner correctly. Sorry, but there is only one solution and that is to give the copier a full PM kit. The process controller looks at the entire copy process when it adjusts all the settings, change just one part without the others and it gets very out of balance and can lead severe problems. It needs a kit every 350K but the drum should last 1.2 million copies.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    used mp 7500 gestetner

so what this forum is about? do you live and work in my town to get your salary and paychecks?
    What's this forum about? hmmm if you search for Copytechnet.com you get something that starts with ( Forums for digital copier technicians, laser printer techs, and fax repair techs ) That is really what this site is about. We have helped a lot of end users though. You are right in that we probably don't live and work in your town to get our salaries and paychecks. What we have done is worked long and hard to get our knowledge and experience. You come here looking for a magic phrase like Alakazam! ; your copier is fixed !. It doesn't work that way. A high speed digital mfp has to be maintained to produce good quality copies and prints. You say " this is a very used machine which i;ve got very cheap ". Now you know why you got it so cheap. We are sorry that you can't afford to get your mfp properly PMed, but that is what it will take to get your copies and prints up to standard. What I would have done if I were short on funds was get a smaller machine that had been maintained correctly to start with and then make money to upgrade in the future.

Sandmanmac, rthonpm and Lagonda gave you correct information. Get your mfp serviced correctly and DON'T " i've been playing a little with the service side, that cancel 107 red button " if you don't know what you are doing. You can make things much worse. Especially if you don't remember what you have done and can change things back. A good running machine can go to pot if someone changes SP settings without knowing what they are doing. Too many end users come on here expecting a technician to say " go into service mode and change SP xxx and SP yyy and you are done and everything is hunky dory. That is not in realty. Truthfully with your attitude you probably won't get too many techs sympathetic to you and willing to help you. I will now get off my soapbox.
    Totoro

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

try sp2207 and if that doesn't help for a little while call for service

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Maybe you might try searching for a solution to your problems here first and by doing so learn what CTN is about? It is kind of stupid to do otherwise.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 07-17-2014 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Clarification, it looked kind of dumb originally.

Do a memory clear on everything, it really works!
    Don't.

Or, just hire a qualified tech.
    Last edited by ruben; 07-17-2014 at 10:42 PM.