tomski0

MP C3500 Jam won't clear

I have a MP C3500 that is indicating a jam at location "c". There is no paper there and i can't get it resolved. I have replacer the following. ( Fuser,Fuser conector,BCU,I/O,IPU,paper exit sensor,fuser inlet and exit sensor,the sensor in the secondary transfer box,cut all wire ties within the area,push button switch on right hand door and the front door switches.)none of these made any change.

Please share if anyone has experienced this before.

Tom

Re: MP C3500 Jam won't clear

What does the Logging Data say?

Technician

How about using input tests for all the sensors and switches in that area?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

If you power up the machine with doors open does the message appear only once you close them. What is the jam location number? Have you tried an engine clear 5 801-02?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP C3500 Jam won't clear

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    What does the Logging Data say?
    This tells you which sensor is detecting a fault.

Quote Originally Posted by L-IQ-uid toner View Post
    How about using input tests for all the sensors
    This will tell you if it's bad/blocked.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician
    MP C3500 Jam won't clear

Had this on other models that turned out to be door switches gone bad. Machine doesn't know the door closed so won't clear the jam message. Do input tests on door sensors to determine if any show open doors.

tomski0

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scott View Post
    If you power up the machine with doors open does the message appear only once you close them. What is the jam location number? Have you tried an engine clear 5 801-02?
    when the machine is powered up the jam comes up immediately. I have done an engine clear and replaced data from the birth certificate, i have checked both door switches as well as fuser entrance and exit,transfer and the 2 for the inverter guide sensors. these were checked in I/O mode as well as ohmd and voltage checked. The firmware has been updated and nvram has been backed up and cleared.

The plotter history showed a J005 fir the last jam when this problem arose, which is the lct. I have taken the finisher,bridge and lct out of the equasion.

Tom

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C3500 Jam won't clear

Quote Originally Posted by tomski0 View Post
    when the machine is powered up the jam comes up immediately
    This means that either the cause of the jam has not been corrected, or that the door necessary to clear the jam indication has not been opened and closed.

. I have done an engine clear and replaced data from the birth certificate
    Even though you have the birth certificate, never do an engine clear unless instructed to do so by Ricoh Technical Support. There is no type of memory clear that will correct a paper jam indication.

The plotter history showed a J005 fir the last jam when this problem arose, which is the lct. I have taken the finisher,bridge and lct out of the equasion.

Tom
    If by taking them out of the equation you mean that you removed or disconnected them, that will do nothing if the machine thinks it has a jam. You have to clear the jam first. For a J005, tray 3 non feed, you have to open and close the jam door on the LCT or Paper Bank which ever you have. If you have not done that or if the machine does not detect the door as having been opened and then closed, the jam will not clear. Some models also require you to open the front door, even it has no access to the jam.

Try turning the machine on with the jam door open. If the machine does not indicate "Door Open", the door switch is bad.

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar

Sir have you check the paper exit unit assembly? sometimes a faulty sensor there due to toner dusting or even wornout due to fusing heat and the ages maybe... best of Luck Sir.
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.