Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cml1207

How to reset PM Call notice flashing on bottom of screen of Ricoh Aficio MP C3001

How do I get the PM call notice that is flashing on the bottom of the screen to stop? The machine is clean and running well, not showing any codes, just flashing PM Call. I believe it is just a counter, but don't know how to reset it. I can get into service mode and the 107 clear procedure does not reset it.

Thanks for your help!

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    How to reset PM Call notice flashing on bottom of screen of Ricoh Aficio MP C3001

Re: How to reset PM Call notice flashing on bottom of screen of Ricoh Aficio MP C3001

RTFM !!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: How to reset PM Call notice flashing on bottom of screen of Ricoh Aficio MP C3001

Check the SP mode tables in the Service Manual. It should be in the 7xxx range.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Probably ought to call a tech and get the PM done. That's why it's called PREVENTIVE maintenance. Keeps potential problems from occurring. Rest assured, if you don't do the PM, you will begin to have problems.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Gotta love first posters...!!!

cml1207

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Check the SP mode tables in the Service Manual. It should be in the 7xxx range.
    Thank you slimslob for the only helpful post so far. It looks like what I am looking for may be in the 5xxx range, but still can't find it.

To the other posters, I am a wide format tech with a client that has this machine and has begged me to take care of it and keep it running for a little while longer. Being that I do not normally work on this machine, I do not have a service manual, which if I did, I am sure I would not have needed to post this thread. I was hoping that someone would be nice enough to answer a simple question with a simple answer instead of stating the obvious such as "PM stands for....." and "read the manual."

Thank you to slimslob and anyone else who provides an actual helpful post.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Try SP 5-066, it may be under special service. This is for the C4501 but the models should be close enough that it may also work to turn off the PM prompt on the display.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cml1207 View Post
    Thank you slimslob for the only helpful post so far. It looks like what I am looking for may be in the 5xxx range, but still can't find it.

To the other posters, I am a wide format tech with a client that has this machine and has begged me to take care of it and keep it running for a little while longer. Being that I do not normally work on this machine, I do not have a service manual, which if I did, I am sure I would not have needed to post this thread. I was hoping that someone would be nice enough to answer a simple question with a simple answer instead of stating the obvious such as "PM stands for....." and "read the manual."

Thank you to slimslob and anyone else who provides an actual helpful post.
    That info might have been helpful to your cause in your original post. Please understand that there are a lot of folks that come here looking for quick answers that might not be qualified techs or whatever........ you kind of came across that way in your o.p. Good luck.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cml1207 View Post

To the other posters, I am a wide format tech with a client that has this machine and has begged me to take care of it and keep it running for a little while longer. Being that I do not normally work on this machine, I do not have a service manual, which if I did, I am sure I would not have needed to post this thread. I was hoping that someone would be nice enough to answer a simple question with a simple answer instead of stating the obvious such as "PM stands for....." and "read the manual.
    Let me tell you something, smartass. Telling a user they ought to have the PM done is nothing but good advice. Your first post on this forum told us nothing about your technical background, nor did you bother to include that in your profile. You appeared to be a user trying to fuck the machine up by blowing off a maintenance. Then in post #2 you complain about all the responses you don't like. Too fucking bad. You brought it on yourself. Btw, since you obviously don't know anything about the machine and you already promised a customer you would take care of it, having a manual seems like a pretty good idea.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Let me tell you something, smartass.......
    You're on FIRE today Mika! Good on ya!