Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: MP-C5000 firmware

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    I'm looking for the latest firmware updates for the 4000 and 5000, could someone email them to me?
    Oh, it's you. I'm sorry I replied earlier.

Bypass Tray Expert 50+ Posts halbrandenburg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    All kidding aside, you currently have zero reputation power and one red card. Have you tried contacting your Ricoh support website. That is the proper place to obtain firmware. If you do not have access to a Ricoh support website, have a qualified tech come out and update the firmware for you. If you try to do it yourself and something goes wrong, you will have a bigger problem than just needing firmware or is that frimware or formware.
    Get your firmwear hear!

Have a standard SD Card handy to write the firmware to. The firmware is written to this file structure for an MP C5000:

\\romdata\d029

If you have never witnessed this procedure done, both preparing the firmware card, and executing the installation of new firmware, I would follow the advice above on having a qualified tech perform this procedure. Botch this up and I can assure you it will be your final visit to the customer.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by halbrandenburg View Post
    Get your firmwear hear!

Have a standard SD Card handy to write the firmware to. The firmware is written to this file structure for an MP C5000:

\\romdata\d029

If you have never witnessed this procedure done, both preparing the firmware card, and executing the installation of new firmware, I would follow the advice above on having a qualified tech perform this procedure. Botch this up and I can assure you it will be your final visit to the customer.
    Thank you halbrandenburg for actually giving me some useful information and help. However the link that i clicked on didn't work. What i am looking for is a firmware update for a MP-C4000 and MP-C5000 on a SD card.

Bypass Tray Expert 50+ Posts halbrandenburg's Avatar

Thank you halbrandenburg for actually giving me some useful information and help. However the link that i clicked on didn't work. What i am looking for is a firmware update for a MP-C4000 and MP-C5000 on a SD card.
    The link works - you need a Ricoh account to log in and get to the goods. This is qualified technician work. It appears you may not qualify quite yet.

Register at Technology Solutions Resource Center Forum

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Sorry, but you're not going to get firmware on an SD card just magically appearing. Register on TSRC or my-ricoh, EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO PAY. Everyone else that isn't Ricoh direct has to, what makes you think you're the exception?

On a less serious note, why are you after the firmware? Is it to fix a specific fault?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    MP-C5000 firmware

Option B: paul@justmanuals.com , he may provide it to you............................for a FEE$$$$$$$$$
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Kinda ironic..."fee" and "free" are soooooo close to each other, yet soooooo very different.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Sorry, but you're not going to get firmware on an SD card just magically appearing. Register on TSRC or my-ricoh, EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO PAY. Everyone else that isn't Ricoh direct has to, what makes you think you're the exception?

On a less serious note, why are you after the firmware? Is it to fix a specific fault?
    Would you mind emailing me a copy of the updated firmware for that machine?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP-C5000 firmware

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post

Would you mind emailing me a copy of the updated firmware for that machine?
    You still have not answered the question as to why you think you need firmware. We are here to provide advice to other techs who have come up against a problem they haven't seen before. We do not provide manuals or firmware. You have been asked to tell us why you think you need firmware in order that we can determine if you might only need advice on how to correct the problem with firmware.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You still have not answered the question as to why you think you need firmware. We are here to provide advice to other techs who have come up against a problem they haven't seen before. We do not provide manuals or firmware. You have been asked to tell us why you think you need firmware in order that we can determine if you might only need advice on how to correct the problem with firmware.
    And what firmware are we talking about? Engine, System/Copy, Printer, Scanner, Network Support, Fax, PDF, .......