Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Aficio 350: On 2:2 duplexing side 2 partially copied or no image at all but 1:2 ok

Aficio 350: On 2:2 duplexing side 2 partially copied or no image at all but 1:2 ok

I'm having 2:2 second side of the copy problems. Sometimes I get a perfect 2:2 copy, but usually it is a partial image or none at all. About 1.5 years ago I replaced the sponge rollers inside the ADF belt due to the original getting stuck on the glass or jamming.They are still in really good condition, I checked them by pulling back thebelt slightly and you can see them. The old ones were falling apart. However, I did not replace the shaft with the four rubber rollersat the end on the right side, closest to the adf duplex area - it did not appear that worn. (It is rubber rollers rather than foam, part #24) Could the rubber rollers wear down enough to causethis? Roller #24 is right next to where the original duplex area is. I'massuming that when the original is getting flipped and being sent back over theglass it is sometimes not getting sent all the way over to the left imaging area, sosometimes there is only half an image or at least a partial image. Sometimesthere is nothing, no image at all. I did clean the glass and top beltreally well but it had no effect. So sometimes the original is not even makingit over to the left at all. Occasionally it does however. There is no jamming,the original always pops out ok.

However, I don't have a diagram of the motors - theremust be a motor or clutch that turns the original over inside that right sidearea and maybe another one that sends it back to the left side of the glasswhere it would then see and copy side 2. Could that be failing? HAs anyone seen this issue? Thanks in advance.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts
    A 350, not seen one of these in a few years. The df is pretty much the same as what you get on the 2090/2110 and MP9000/1100/1350. When I've had problems like this I've basically blasted all the sensors with air duster, the ones underneath the left hand side metal plate determine detection of original size and also registration. Clean these first and see where you are then.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Aficio 350: On 2:2 duplexing side 2 partially copied or no image at all but 1:2 o

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie1981 View Post
    A 350, not seen one of these in a few years. The df is pretty much the same as what you get on the 2090/2110 and MP9000/1100/1350. When I've had problems like this I've basically blasted all the sensors with air duster, the ones underneath the left hand side metal plate determine detection of original size and also registration. Clean these first and see where you are then.
    Replace the DF transport belt or at least clean it with glass cleaner and a green nylon scrubbing pad. Put 8 to 10 drops of silicon oil on the exposure glass spread in over the entire surface with a soft paper towel. The idea is to fill in any small scratches and irregularities in the surface of the glass and to leave a very thin film of oil on the glass. Many years ago, used to be a part of the installation instructions for installing a DF on some makes.

Re: Aficio 350: On 2:2 duplexing side 2 partially copied or no image at all but 1:2 o

Thank you Ollie and Slimbob, this is very helpful. I will let you know how it turns out next week.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Use the output checks to make sure that none of the clutches for the doc feeder are sticking. Like almost all other Ricoh clutches there's a felt pad to minimise noise. By now there's probably nothing left of the felt and the glue underneath is causing the clutch to stick: kind of the same issue as the morning sickness seen on the later 35/45 models in the fuser exit plate. As noisy as that beast is in general, the user won't notcie one or two extra clanking sounds when running the machine.

I replaced the belt and applied the silicon oil on the glass and it works great now. Thank you all for your advice!