Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MP C7501

Technician

Re: MP C7501

Quote Originally Posted by Sam123 View Post
    If you can log in as supervisor as previously stated. The sole purpose of this logon is for resetting an administrators password.
    Thanks MGA, I'm showing my inexperience, it has reset the password back to Login:- admin .. Password:- no password. Thanks for all your help it is really appreciated. Regards Malcolm

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    MP C7501

Quote Originally Posted by bridgeoverriver View Post
    Thanks MGA, I tried Yellow 143 stop (hold). I missed the extra stop, I have now tried Yellow 143 stop stop(hold) this has now allowed me to get into 5486-46 I have reset, rebooted, but this has still not done it, it still shows privileges.
    have you any other suggestions. Regards Malcolm.
    That's it now when you go into your service tool settings that the page with the meter counter on it go to to of screen click login username admin no password needed then you need able to make Al the changes you need ie do a aac or change ip settings

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bridgeoverriver View Post
    Hi Guys

Does any one know how to remove an Administrator password for the Ricoh MP C7501, I'm unable to enter data due to not having privileges to do so. I have done a memory clear but still requires an administrator password.
    Your help would be appreciated.

Regards Malcolm
    Thanks everyone the Copier is now sorted yellow 143 stop stop(hold) 5486-46. initialize all setting and address book. execute. then login user name is admin and password is left blank.
    Thanks guys, regards Malcolm

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

It's really not a good idea to put how to log in to factory mode on an open forum, if someone doesn't know what to do with the supervisor login, then maybe they should get a manual, accessing factory mode when you don't know what you're resetting could cause MAJOR problems, that's why it's called factory mode and is not detailed in manuals
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    It's really not a good idea to put how to log in to factory mode on an open forum, if someone doesn't know what to do with the supervisor login, then maybe they should get a manual, accessing factory mode when you don't know what you're resetting could cause MAJOR problems, that's why it's called factory mode and is not detailed in manuals

Valid point !